Done Armitage shanks complete handwheel OR just cap and colored ring only

eethan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there,
I'm looking for an armitage handwheel cap and plastic colored ring, I don't mind any of both colors :)
I'm interested by a complete one as well but they are probably out of my price range currently seeing the auctions on ebay :cry
thanks a lot

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I designed several cap, hot and cold versions, and put on sale on shapeways, they couldn't make it, because of too fine details so I ordered it on i materialize, and it seems i materialize was able to make it.
I ordered one, waiting to get it, as it will be ok, I will create a product on my i materialize shop and everyone will be able to order it.

eethan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey parfaite lumiere.
thanks and I'll wait for your pictures but what material did you print them with? I have a big experience with 3D printing and cannot imagine this working :$
but I'm looking forward to see your results :)

SubLevel5

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there,
I'm looking for an armitage handwheel cap and plastic colored ring, I don't mind any of both colors :)
I'm interested by a complete one as well but they are probably out of my price range currently seeing the auctions on ebay :cry
thanks a lot
There is a complete one on Ebay.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

eethan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ok, looking forward to see the result. imaterialize brass often has a bit of a molten look in some places. I think they heat the wax a little bit to get rid of the printing lines but this softens a bit the models. I usually buy raw brass model that I rework myself and don't know how a finished chromed model will look like.
I hope for the best for you :)

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I did same, for me , I buy raw stuff, raw brass or silver, but as they are offering chrome plating option and as sometimes original as caps are not so sharp, I hope it will be ok.

eethan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
thanks roman, I know, and you already sold me a partial real one last year but I'm not happy with its condition. ;)

eethan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, I'm still looking, even for a complete one if the price is not too crazy. thanks a lot :)