Armageddon shuttle external tank and boosters info wanted

Deleted

Sr Member
AMSC_10.jpg

this scan is from the "Movie Set Catalog" from 1998. They had this ET and the SRBs llisted.
Does anybody know what happened to these? Were they sold or destroyed?

Tim

Last edited:
Until very recently, model maker Pat McClung owned the shuttle...

IMG_0251.jpg

He may also know what became of the boosters.

I'll shoot him an email; stay tuned.

WOW that is so cool I cant even imagine owning something like that I'de love to see more pics!

Until very recently, model maker Pat McClung owned the shuttle...

He may also know what became of the boosters.

I'll shoot him an email; stay tuned.

Great. Thanks!

I had been in touch with him about this shuttle in the pic but recently found out it was sold.

Regarding the tank and boosters, they made two of these. I am looking for the EXACT set in the picture above. Not the other one.

Tim

Yep, already talked to him.

I know the locations of two Independent shuttles, one Freedom shuttle, and one ET and SRB set.
I think I may have tracked down the second Freedom. I just wanna know what happened to this tank and the boosters.

Tim

I swear I saw one of these hanging in the rafters over at Jerry Bruckheimer's office (gratuitous humble brag), but it *may* have been just the shuttle, can't recall for certain.

I swear I saw one of these hanging in the rafters over at Jerry Bruckheimer's office (gratuitous humble brag), but it *may* have been just the shuttle, can't recall for certain.

Does anybody happen to have a picture of that shuttle?

Here's the X-71 Space Shuttle Freedom large scale model with external tank and solid rocket boosters original / screen-used models / miniatures from Armageddon (1998) that I own.

Still looking for info on the other tank and boosters.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back