Arkham Knight Batsuit v8.04

TheBlur

Hi guys.

This is my first thread here. I just wanted to share the progress of my Arkham Knight batsuit build since its my first epic costume project. I've started 3d modeling the gauntlets, which I will print and then assemble and cast in either polyurethane or urethane rubber.
received_704366473002879.jpegreceived_704366483002878.jpegreceived_704366469669546.jpeg

I love the arkham knight batsuit, very highly detailed and beautiful. Good luck with the project.

Thankyou. Yes, the detail is incredible and certainly my favourite so far. This is the only Batsuit I knew I just had to build. Hopefully I will do it justice. I will post an update tomorrow once I've got a little further with the shin guards.

Stellar work! How do you build these models? I've been dying to learn as I want to get into the 3D printing craze.

I've been a 3d artist for over 7 years so I've learnt quite a bit. I use maya and zbrush for my stuff but you can pick up Blender for free if you want to start learning basics on a budget. Its certainly worth it though in my opinion. I used to sculpt and practically make a lot before 3d printing became so accesible. The efficiency is fantastic - having sculpts cluttering your house or making expensive mistakes isnt really an issue with 3d. Although printers can be unpredictable at times. Id certainly recommend zbrush if you want to get into serious detail, meshmixer is a great tool for sizing and exporting models for print as well.

Here's some progress on the Shin Guards.
ShinGuards3d.jpg
They still need a lot of work and a ton of re-modeling in places to be accurate. (The very top part I noticed would be cast in rubber and connected to the undersuit rather than part of the metal Shin guard itself, so I will probably tackle this after the armour).

The gauntlets also need to be adjusted since I noticed some differences to the game reference:
gauntletreference.jpg
I will probably adjust this tomorrow before carrying on with the shins.

I also got some ShinGuard reference I captured from the game today..
ShinGuardsreference.jpg
The footage is more helpful since the light pulls out more obvious shapes when you orbit the camera. After a good study I've picked up plenty of mistakes that will need to be addressed.. will fix the gauntlets first though..

R u u going to post the files eventually????? :)

This is an entirely personal project so I have no plans to release the files, sorry. The game is relatively new and I’d like the community to have the opportunity to be able to create their own suits without being ‘spoon-fed’ free digital files. There is so much work involved it would be unfair for me to freely distribute files similar to those someone else has put their time and effort into (whether their agenda is to sell, freely distribute or finalise in a ‘run’).

I have to say, free files are great! I have used a few in the past and have been very grateful for them. However, they do damage creativity and peoples opinions on 3d printing. Pep files are a bit different, but my files aren’t currently suited for Pep and I have no interest in converting them.

If I did decide to release the files eventually, it would be after the market had a variety of AK costumes. If I can help it I want to try and avoid saturating the community with too many duplicates. I found myself not appreciating the Iron Man costumes as much because of this.

This thread will hopefully just be here for knowledge sharing and inspiration and highlighting issues that may arise during the build for others to take note of.
I don't want to create a thread as a repository for ready made files unless its part of an open source and collective collaboration. And in most cases I'd prefer to contribute than lead the thread.

This has been a lengthy reply, but I'm assuming this may become a frequent question as the thread progresses in which case I can point them here.

On Another note
*If you are also building your own Arkham game related suit please feel free to mention it here*

Beautiful modeling. Only wish I had the experience with these programs.

Can't wait to see these pieces come to life in the real world!

Beautiful modeling. Only wish I had the experience with these programs.

Can't wait to see these pieces come to life in the real world!

Thanks VinMan! Its never too late to learn. I'm still learning everyday and I'd say that maybe 25% of what I learn't when I started is now irrelevant due to newer techniques.
Really looking forward to seeing it too! I will be printing and modeling simultaneously so will potentially have the gauntlet next week.

Okee dokee, keep up the good work though! :)

Thanks superhe0g33k!

Your renders look amazing!! Good luck on the whole suit.
Are you modeling from scratch using the game 3d renders or are you using something else as a model as well? The Neca 1/4 scale figure looks very very accurate!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Your renders look amazing!! Good luck on the whole suit.
Are you modeling from scratch using the game 3d renders or are you using something else as a model as well? The Neca 1/4 scale figure looks very very accurate!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks. These are just screengrabs, i'll do some proper renders when each piece is fully done. I've tried many different refence options so far. The first were just screengrabs from the trailers, then when i got the game I tried capturing a scan using ps4 video capture and autodesk memento to make a 3d mesh. That failed miserably. The prime 1 studio statue is gorgeous and looks the most accurate ive seen although its got a hefty price tag so i cant buy and 'scan' that. I have recently managed to grab a game rip from the pc version from someone. Its a low poly intersecting triangular mess but its soo helpful to get the right scaling. I still have to re model everything and reference the high poly game render to add all the detail etc but it will hopefully speed up the process and give me an even more accurate replica. Once all the shapes have been accurately matched and segments split up I can further detail and 'key' each part in zbrush so the prints all fit together flush.

..So my main source of reference is still the suit turntable in the extras menu. Unfortunately the low poly model doesn't hold enough shape to just upres and most of the parts have no depth to them otherwise this may have been much easier.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back