Arkham knight batsuit (from scratch)

305primus

So I'm in the process of making the batsuit from arkham knight and I thought I would start a thread to document my build and post updates

Last edited:
Re: Arkham knight batsuit

My progress so far (started making templates last week) going to split the chest piece for the mor accurate look

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436744999997.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436744999997.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 189

Got the basic pieces for the gauntlets cut out today just the bigger pieces though gonna add more smaller detail pieces later on

Sorry for bad lighting

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436792156561.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436792156561.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 187

I have just Finished painting the abs and chest silver/gray (same color as the gauntlet fins) time to make a batsymbol

Also what would you like to see, battle damaged suit or clean?

Progress has been slow lately (ran out of foam) but I have split the chest and will be painting that silver and ad a batsymbol I also made some throat armor (the black piece tucked behind the chest in the photo) I also got the final coat done on the abs
I have a quick question about the belt which I loved the design of and unlike the rest of the suit I made about 2 months before release of the game so the pouches are a little inaccurate now my question is if I should re do the belt or just use it as it is a little inaccurate but still has a decent likeness I will let you decide based on the pics

Due to lack of response I have Decided to make the suit battle damaged

Sent from the Batphone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436999483538.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436999483538.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 150
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436999512114.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436999512114.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 120
Nice progress so far. I personally think that the Arkham suits are way better than any of the suits from any of the movies, comics or TV shows, so I shall watch this build with great interest.
If I'd have gotten here a day earlier, I would have suggested to go the battle damaged route. Although the effect can be more difficult to achieve, in my opinion it looks a lot cooler. Keep up the good work. :)

Nice progress so far. I personally think that the Arkham suits are way better than any of the suits from any of the movies, comics or TV shows, so I shall watch this build with great interest.
If I'd have gotten here a day earlier, I would have suggested to go the battle damaged route. Although the effect can be more difficult to achieve, in my opinion it looks a lot cooler. Keep up the good work. :)
Thank you nice to know someone is watching[emoji1]

also what is your opinion on the belt? Should I redo or settle for my slightly inaccurate one?

Realized my shoulder/neck armor was wrong (and just plain weird looking) so as soon as I get more foam I will redo those sections and I will also add that black piece that goes behind the chest, build on the throat armor and adjust some parts of the gauntlets for more accuracy and I'm going out of town tomorrow and will be back in about 2 weeks hopefully the foam has arrived then and I will be able to continue with some new posts not long after

Thank you nice to know someone is watching[emoji1]

also what is your opinion on the belt? Should I redo or settle for my slightly inaccurate one?

I'd say keep it as it is. When you finish this awesome build, I doubt that anyone will notice any minor inaccuracies. Besides, if you finish the rest of the suit and the belt is still bugging you, you could always upgrade it at a later date.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

This is what I posted crammed into one pic[emoji4]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437148563980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437148563980.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 211
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back