Arkham City: Azrael

eastWOLFstyle

Hello everyone, I usually don't post a lot on here but I thought this would be a good time. So as the title says this is a thread for Azrael in his Arkham City costume, I'm working on mine and hope to get it done in time for NYCC. There are parts that I've already worked on and then there's some part I have no ideas how to make and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some reference pictures:
untitled.pngarkhamcity3_azrael7.jpg250px-Azrael-character.png

So far I've worked on the minor stuff like his smoke grenades and knee pads.
photo.jpgphoto4.jpg

I made the grenades out of soda cans, I had to sand them down because the paint wouldn't stay otherwise. I filled the can with spray foam to prevent them from denting so much and the top is a bottle top and a keychain ring.

Thanks, I've finished them but can't decide if I'm going to put a glossy or flat clear coat.

granade.jpg

Also have been working on the knee pads
pads1.jpgphoto1.jpgpads2.jpg
There were indents in the center of the knee pads and that's not how Azrael's looked so I took some magic sculpt to fix it. I tried sanding it and I couldn't get it any smoother but I'll fix it some how.

Went to party city earlier and brought one of those drama mask.
mask.jpg

Then I started to build atop of it. Azrael's mask has this mouth guard piece and I made one out of scrap foam. I used a water putty and PVA glue mixture to harden the mouth piece, it's drying right now and later I plan on sanding down the rough parts.
details.jpgdetals2.jpg

Earlier in the day I received the hood for my costume, shoutout to RPF member Deklin for telling me where to get it. It came in black and I guess I need to overlay red fabric over it, does anyone know how to do this? My sister has a sewing machine but she doesn't want to share it with me and I only know how to hand sew, any thoughts?

test.jpgtest4.jpgtest3.jpg

Attachments

• details.jpg
    details.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 129
Here's an update!

The mask is completed (The lighting sucks, sorry about this)
to4.jpgto1.jpg

I started working on the right arm gauntlet over the weekend.

to.jpgto2.jpgto5.jpg
I cut them all as individual pieces on 5mm foam, heated it to keep shape and then I glazed them over with 5 layers of PVA glue. I don't have a picture of the next step but I added the details with craft foam. Then I hot glued all the pieces together and used fasteners for detailing.

Also here's the left shoulder piece.
to3.jpg
Same thing was done here but I used EVA foam and added a piece of craft foam, glazed it with 5 layers of PVA glue too and added 2 fasteners on the side.

Today I just primed and added plasti-dip. Tomorrow I'll paint them.
to6.jpg

2 things:

Frist, I love progress you've made so far and can't wait to see your finished product at NYCC

Second, and i hope this comes off more as a compliment than as being creepy...but where has a cute cosplayer like you been hiding in Brooklyn? :)

Worked on the right arm gauntlet, the blades are made out of foam and are kinda flimsy.
blades.jpgguantlet.jpg

Also started to work on the left shoulder pieces.
shoulder.jpgshoulder2.jpg

I brought a military belt but had to spray paint the buckles and snaps silver, also hooked my smoke grenades onto it ; I think it looks good so far. Also got blue and green mini LEDs to put in the blade, but that comes later.
belt.jpglights.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2 things:

Frist, I love progress you've made so far and can't wait to see your finished product at NYCC

Second, and i hope this comes off more as a compliment than as being creepy...but where has a cute cosplayer like you been hiding in Brooklyn? :)

Awwww thanks :D Usually I don't post pictures of myself but for the cosplay competition they needed a link to a profile picture. Weird that I couldn't just add one directly from my computer though.

Attachments

• to.jpg
    to.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 174
Worked on the right arm gauntlet, the blades are made out of foam and are kinda flimsy.
View attachment 380283View attachment 380285

Also started to work on the left shoulder pieces.
View attachment 380286View attachment 380287

I brought a military belt but had to spray paint the buckles and snaps silver, also hooked my smoke grenades onto it ; I think it looks good so far. Also got blue and green mini LEDs to put in the blade, but that comes later.
View attachment 380288View attachment 380289

- - - Updated - - -

Awwww thanks :D Usually I don't post pictures of myself but for the cosplay competition they needed a link to a profile picture. Weird that I couldn't just add one directly from my computer though.

Your work is looking beautiful...and I'm glad you brought that up cuz I needed to do the same thing but I didn't put a image on here (which i was going do tho... :unsure )...but the one thing about the link of my physical costume bugged the crap outta me....like i see what you linked to them but is that going to be enough for them to consider you for the contest?

Your work is looking beautiful...and I'm glad you brought that up cuz I needed to do the same thing but I didn't put a image on here (which i was going do tho... :unsure )...but the one thing about the link of my physical costume bugged the crap outta me....like i see what you linked to them but is that going to be enough for them to consider you for the contest?

So did you enter the contest? If you did I wish you the best of luck and did you hear back from them yet? Yeah I thought my computer was glitched and it wasn't letting me upload a photo for the contest but then I saw it said post a LINK. I hope it's enough but I'm still waiting for an email, they said by this Friday but I'm nervous. Also a lot of people aren't finished with their cosplays (procrastinators unite!) but on the NYCC facebook they said to send in a picture even if it isn't finished yet. I just really hope to be a contestant, it'll be a great confidence booster :)

So did you enter the contest? If you did I wish you the best of luck and did you hear back from them yet? Yeah I thought my computer was glitched and it wasn't letting me upload a photo for the contest but then I saw it said post a LINK. I hope it's enough but I'm still waiting for an email, they said by this Friday but I'm nervous. Also a lot of people aren't finished with their cosplays (procrastinators unite!) but on the NYCC facebook they said to send in a picture even if it isn't finished yet. I just really hope to be a contestant, it'll be a great confidence booster :)

Yeah I did enter and I didnt even know that they were suppose to let the entries know by Friday, so I'm hoping they'll choose us. If you get selected let me know cuz I wanna see how the costume comes out. I love AC's Azrael and can't wait to see you portray him.

Just got an email from the NYCC people and I wasn't selected :( oh wellI guess now I can less stressfully stop worrying how my costume will turn out. I hope it turns out well for you tho.

I will still be cosplaying Fri-Sun :)

Just got an email from the NYCC people and I wasn't selected :( oh wellI guess now I can less stressfully stop worrying how my costume will turn out. I hope it turns out well for you tho.

I will still be cosplaying Fri-Sun :)

Yeah I didn't get selected either...but like you said now we don't have to worry about the looks...just need to finish...still can't wait to see it when it's done :)

Ugh... Didn't finish in time for comic con :( Hopefully will get this done in time for Halloween.

Here's an update:

This is my first time sewing and it took forever to get this right. Just went over the hood in red fabric, still have to do the cape.

7.jpg

Also got this sword and made the sheath from scrap cardboard.

3.jpg2.jpg

Spent some time working on Azrael's blades that I wanted to glow different colors. I used InstaMorph mendable plastic to form the blades over the lights. Kind of rough at the moment so I need to go back over them with a heat gun to make them smooth. The battery packs will be housed in a box that I've made from microwavable trays, it'll be on top of the gauntlet.

6.jpg5.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back