Aries 1B studio model found intact

OK, a bit of good news, bad news, good news.....

There was a bit of a lull at work this week and I got around to sorting, renaming, resizing, and watermarking 150+ images of the Aries-1B. The bad news is that I can only post 10 at a time here (unless someone knows a trick to the upload process). So we're still kinda dead in the water. But, for some reason, i was able to post all 150+ over at Starship Modeler's Facebook page. So, if you really want to see them right now, you can go over there. I'll dump them in the Studio Scale Modeler FB page as well. I still got stuff to do, so I will tinker with this conundrum as time permits. If I can figure out my password for Flickr, I might dump them there.........

Ironically, DeanB, we don't know each other, but many, many years ago, I used to live in Renton. That little hobby shop in Skyway? (Used to live walking distance from it. Of course, back then, I wasn't walking and there wasn't a hobby shop there.)

Gene

Gene, be aware that Flickr is having some real accessibility issues right now. I can't say the source of the troubles, and apparently it is not affecting everyone, but every time I try and go there, I get the "bad panda" screen... which I thought was something to do with Chinese hackers before I researched it! (It is the standard Flickr "oops" page.)

If you can share the 'scope' requirements, I can check with our club's webmaster & see what our current capacity is - perhaps we could help with hosting the images. Our upload allows for (IIRC) about 128 MB size files, basically unlimited number (we're using WordPress for our site...)

May I offer my thanks to all the rest for your efforts in getting these image together & published.

Regards, Robert

Thanks for the pictures Gene they are great. Does anyone have a kit scan of the 1/200 renwal polaris sub? I have researched a lot on the Moonbus with JFB64 and myself and made a studio scale CAD model from the known parts that I know of and perhaps some of the details are also from this kit. Moonbus.jpg

All,

I sent the photos over to Kurt Kuhn and he is hosting them on his Modeler Magic site here - http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=69180

Enjoy,

Gene

PS - I'm not sure what the next steps will be with the Aries-1B. It's up to the Academy now. Their museum is a couple of years away, so I don't think we can expect them to figure out exactly how they are going to display the model or what kind of restoration it will undergo for a while yet.

I just finished looking through your photos. Absolutely amazing! How did you get as close and clear as you did between the engine structures? I'm still surprised at how accommodating the auction house was. Were they amused, bemused, confused...?

I'm living on the other side of Renton (Eastern Highlands), but visit the Skyway shop from time to time. I love it's old school, pure model focus, packed to the rafters, musty shop atmosphere. Probably the last of its kind :-(

-Dean

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back