Are there any Tom Servo vendors left?

It is indeed. Also it's probably getting harder to source pins and floraliers. You can get away with repro everything on Servo except the gum dispenser.
I was considering getting ahold of the more obscure parts in order to make some casts, including the floraliers, but they're becoming so rediculously hard to find nowadays.

I was considering getting ahold of the more obscure parts in order to make some casts, including the floraliers, but they're becoming so rediculously hard to find nowadays.
Interesting! I would have thought everything was replicable except maybe the arms! I thought those were probably the most difficult!

Interesting! I would have thought everything was replicable except maybe the arms! I thought those were probably the most difficult!
It isn’t that they’re not replicable, some people have been able to do so. However, most, it not all, have stopped selling their parts, meaning that people need to source originals, which in itself is a very difficult task.

Update from the Kickstarter. Looks like they're sticking with the frosted domes we've seen lately. That's probably good for replicas, should people ever make some. Don't have to worry about bubbles, scratches, or clarity.

Screenshot_20210730-130433.png

Scored me a Carousel Snack Dispenser off Ebay for way less than the last few I've bid on ended up going for so hopefully this one will be accurate enough to replace the head on my Etsy replica! Now to just source some Testors 1629 paint. Any advice on painting the cap? Do I have to prime it or sand it or will just a few coats directly on the white plastic work?

Also for cutting the globe off the base, can I use a rotary tool or should I use a regular hand saw?

Last edited:
Scored me a Carousel Snack Dispenser off Ebay for way less than the last few I've bid on ended up going for so hopefully this one will be accurate enough to replace the head on my Etsy replica! Now to just source some Testors 1629 paint. Any advice on painting the cap? Do I have to prime it or sand it or will just a few coats directly on the white plastic work?

Also for cutting the globe off the base, can I use a rotary tool or should I use a regular hand saw?
You definitely need to sand and prime. Also, be very careful applying the Testors paint, you need to do several VERY light coats. The paint runs incredibly easily though it is slightly easier to work with than the Crow lime gold. I just sold my last can of 1629 on Ebay, and I'm hearing most suppliers are sold out. Let us know if you find any. Removing the globe...I wouldn't use a powered rotary tool. You have to be extremely careful with this and I'd be too nervous to use a rotary tool. I'd use a coping saw or an Xacto saw. I've also heard that you can melt the glue with a blow dryer and a lot of patience, this way no cutting is required. I've never done it this way though and can't confirm it works. Good luck!

You definitely need to sand and prime. Also, be very careful applying the Testors paint, you need to do several VERY light coats. The paint runs incredibly easily though it is slightly easier to work with than the Crow lime gold. I just sold my last can of 1629 on Ebay, and I'm hearing most suppliers are sold out. Let us know if you find any. Removing the globe...I wouldn't use a powered rotary tool. You have to be extremely careful with this and I'd be too nervous to use a rotary tool. I'd use a coping saw or an Xacto saw. I've also heard that you can melt the glue with a blow dryer and a lot of patience, this way no cutting is required. I've never done it this way though and can't confirm it works. Good luck!
That reminded me that I think the coping saw I have I bought when I was reading about constructing a Servo! I do also to happen to have just bought a heat gun for something else but am still new to that world.

Snack dispenser arrived! In great shape! I tried a heat gun to loosen the adhesives to get the globe off, but had no luck and being new to heat guns, I was afraid of cranking it too high and damaging the plastic so I just sawed the globe off. Hopefully a buddy of mine can 3d print an extra lid for me (I found one on thingiverse) and hopefully the Testors 1629 I ordered from Hobbylinc actually arrives.

Question: when gluing the bottom lid to the "neck," any particular kind of glue I should use or NOT use?

Interestingly I just bought a "Pinda Automaat Snack Dispenser" off Ebay. It looks like a exact knock-off of the carousel. The base is smooth and doesn't have the little lines, but I just need the globe so I'm giving it a shot, plus that will give me a second lid. The globe seems to have a little bit of blurring right at that equator seam which I've seen in pictures of some other Carousels but which, as far as I can tell, does not seem present on Servo himself, but that seems inconsequential and having that seam is a very prominent detail that I think needs to be there. I can find NO information about this specific snack dispenser but it looks like the globe will serve the purpose! We shall see.

However, sadly I'm having NO luck finding the Testors 1629 Ruby Red Metal Flake paint to paint that second lid!
Bro, I got my testors flake off amazon

Hey all! The most recent Tom Servo replica thread I could find was about a year ago, and sadly yielded not results for me.

I'm just wondering if anyone still makes or sells a Tom Servo replica or parts. I did find one guy on Etsy who makes a pretty stunning replica, BUT the head has changed and does not have the horizontal seam any more, but instead 2 vertical seams. I know that would really bug me as I'm a stickler for screen accuracy. His also doesn't have the second lid at the top of the neck, but I might be able to live with that since that didn't actually appear until season 4 any way.

I did stumble upon JoeCrow's site but got no response. I wrote Etsy guy a message but also got no response (and have seen several other reviews indicating the same non-responsiveness). I'm really surprised these are so impossible to find! MST3K should just make an official one cast off the originals and they could make a mint!

I've also searched for older style Carousel Executive Snack Dispensers for the head but had no luck there either.
Robert Bukoski is still selling on Etsy. His parts are great.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back