Are there any detail pics of the MR EE Solo out yet?

Betamin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know there are the couple of pics on the MR site, but wondered if anyone had any "sneak peek" pics of anything to show the new details and vastly improved broomhandle pistol base. December is a long time away..... :cry (but it gives me time to save $$$ :D )

<div class='quotetop'>(Hirohawa @ Jun 29 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]1270823[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Fetty @ Jun 29 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]1270802[/snapback]
Here are some pics....

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/mas...tBodyDetail.jpg

Keep in mind that's not the final paint job.
They're comparing the LE and the EE in those pics....
[/b]

Thanks for the link.

The changes seem real subtle to me. Hopr it is more impressive in hand.
[/b][/quote]

Interesting photo. I am sorely tempted to weather mine when I get it. It won't feel like it was ever in Han Solo's holster if it isn't scratched an aged.

Thanks, Darth. :thumbsup Hopefully more pics will surface as time passes, and I'm hoping against hope, but that maybe the slide will pull back and maybe the sight will be adjustable. I did notice that they put the screw in the magazine bottom and what looks like what I am guessing is the shell extractor detail on top of the slide. It looks like it'll be pretty nice. :)

After it's released, I'd bet that it won't take much time before someone has theirs disassembled and figures out a way to make the slide move. There's some crafty folks on this site. :p

I am desperately trying NOT to want to buy this EE. I pulled the trigger both on the Ep IV and the Obi Phantom Menace EE's but I pulled out just in time when I changed my fevered mind. This one, however, calls to me. Buy me. Buy meee.

Thanks for the pics. I'm glad that I made the decision to keep my LE instead of trying to cash it in to by this one. While it does look nice, I like the touches on the LE that make it look more like a converted pistol (manufacturer's name, numbers on site, etc.) I also gave up a motorcycle to get my LE, among paying bills and some other stuff when I was between jobs, so it has sentimental value.

The changes are nice, but I'm not sure they're enough to make me want it as bad as I thought I would.

Mike

I was thinking that just be an early prototype, so some details may not even be shown on it yet. Didn't they make a new Mauser base for the ESB MR blaster? Did it have good details on it, like the slide, magazine and magazine bottom detail? Is the base for the Han Elite an all new model?

Thanks for the pics.

I posted this question in the other EE thread and no had an answer so I thought I'd try again here. I was looking at the copy for the blaster over at the MR site describing the modifications for the original prop and thought this bit was very interesting:

"...and a plastic plumbing joint expander was glued to the magazine to make the gun's unique front grill."

This bit's news to me. Anyone else heard about this "joint expander" rather than an engine cylinder from a model airplane?

Cheers,

Dave C

I had always heard that it was two engine pieces stuck together too. Maybe some new info came up. It seems like guys here on the RPF have been discovering SW prop parts left and right and disproving old theories, so you never know. :p

<div class='quotetop'>(dcarty @ Jun 29 2006, 12:31 PM) [snapback]1270897[/snapback]</div>
"...and a plastic plumbing joint expander was glued to the magazine to make the gun's unique front grill."

[/b]

Yeah, and the replica they've made looks weird.

I think they did good by thinning up the ridges a bit, but I'm not sure about the spaces between the parts. It looks a little odd.

I think there's a chance the original was made of hard plastic, since it was chipped and broken in areas, but a plumbing expander? :confused

That's a tough one for me to believe.

It reminds me of the original brochure that came with the LE Hero. It mentioned some thing about "original reference materials found at the archives were used..."

Unless they were talking about photos, they were really bending the truth a bit, because the original prop went back to Bapty in England and as far as we know, it was either lost, stolen or dismantled for use on another prop.

Any way, from what I've seen, this is definitely a far more accurate replica of the Hero. Once it ships, it will definitely be the most accurate one out there.....uh with the exception of a few replicas that are based on real Mausers with real Hensoldt scopes. :p

Thanks for the pics.

<div class='quotetop'>(Betamin @ Jun 29 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]1270896[/snapback]</div>
Is the base for the Han Elite an all new model?
[/b]
I have compared these pics to pics of the ESB blaster and pics of a real Mauser. The EE is definitely a new model based on a real Mauser, while the ESB blaster is clearly based on a MGC.
I can see this in all details except the lower receiver, but I recon that someone else could.

MR and "Guybe PropRazzer" did a good job on the flash hider also ...

Pretty cool - I may have to get this one.

I hope they don't screw it up with the weathering though.

So it's supposed to be out in December, but when will it go on sale?

<div class='quotetop'>(Stormy320 @ Jun 30 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]1271800[/snapback]</div>
So it's supposed to be out in December, but when will it go on sale?
[/b]

About three days ago. It's probably sold out by now.

I'm anxious to get it, though it did bug me that the worth of my LE has probably dropped. BUT, I will be happy to have a more detailed replica that is closer to the movie prop and has a more detailed and correct gun base. Like CE said though, the closest ones out there are still the folks with real guns and real parts on theirs. :)

Maybe a thread of "Show us your REAL mauser based Solo blasters" is due....

dcarty, where was it on the MR site that you saw the comment about the plumbing part for the grill? I couldn't find anything on there after you said that. Was it in the blog?

Is it me or does MR still have the worst photographs of their products. They build great stuff, but their marketing style has much to be desired based on the quality of their items.

I would love to see a decent picture of this item before I fork out $650.00.

<div class='quotetop'>(Snoballz @ Jul 1 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]1271843[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Stormy320 @ Jun 30 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]1271800[/snapback]
So it's supposed to be out in December, but when will it go on sale?[/b]
About three days ago. It's probably sold out by now.[/b][/quote]
I just checked. Still seems to be available. This isn't selling as quickly as some of MR's previous Elite Editions. Might be that some customers are expecting a more economical CE or LE in the future.

<div class='quotetop'>(Stormy320 @ Jul 1 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1271956[/snapback]</div>
Is it me or does MR still have the worst photographs of their products. [/b]
No, it's not just you. MR's product photos generally leave a lot to be desired, at least from the prospective of a potential customer. It may be deliberate. The product photos on their site appear at presale time and usually show prototypes of replicas still in development. The more detailed the photos, the greater the potential for backlash from customers unhappy with the discrepancies between the photos and the item ultimately released. (The MR ST:TOS phaser comes to mind.) So, from a certain perspective, it may work to MR's advantage to use photos that don't show too much.

This fins from a plastic plumbing adapter thing also surfaced in the Leia DDC Defender. I opened a thread about it a couple of weeks ago. MR claims that the fins on Leia's blaster were from a plumbing adapter contrary to the standard model kit part theory. Here we have the same discrepancy. I wonder what that plumbing device looks like. The grill on the front of Solo's ANH blaster is certainly very similar to the fins on Leia's gun as far as I can tell. It seems likely to be the same thing used on each gun. Anyone have a good picture of Leia's blaster for comparison? All I've seen are bady lit screen caps. Would sure love a good pic for analysis. It seems like it's the most elusive blaster of them all. Now the question with the solo ANH compounds it.

Hi Betamin (your gonna need some ointment for that arm) :)

The bit about the grill is on the product details page for the blaster down near the bottom under "Collectible Story" in the last sentence of the third paragraph. There's a pretty good side shot showing the same material on the side of the Leia/Imperial Officer blasters (Merr-Sonn 44/power 5) over at partsofsw.com

Cheers,

Dave C

<div class='quotetop'>(Betamin @ Jun 30 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1271903[/snapback]</div>
I'm anxious to get it, though it did bug me that the worth of my LE has probably dropped. BUT, I will be happy to have a more detailed replica that is closer to the movie prop and has a more detailed and correct gun base. Like CE said though, the closest ones out there are still the folks with real guns and real parts on theirs. :)

Maybe a thread of "Show us your REAL mauser based Solo blasters" is due....

dcarty, where was it on the MR site that you saw the comment about the plumbing part for the grill? I couldn't find anything on there after you said that. Was it in the blog?
[/b]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back