Are the Tsukuda Alien figures in scale with the Hot Toys figures

Island Hunter

Hello fellow hunters. I ran across a cool Tsukuda Alien Reserection Figure and I'm a little hesitated in geting it. Does anyone own one? I know the also made a Newborn too. Since Hot Toys has not made them, I was seriously liking about getting the Tsukuda ones. Are they in scale with hot toys? How is the paint scheme? Any imput would greatly be appreciated.

Hello fellow hunters. I ran across a cool Tsukuda Alien Reserection Figure and I'm a little hesitated in geting it. Does anyone own one? I know the also made a Newborn too. Since Hot Toys has not made them, I was seriously liking about getting the Tsukuda ones. Are they in scale with hot toys? How is the paint scheme? Any imput would greatly be appreciated.

No, they're not in scale with Hot Toys.
They're bigger than those figures.

I have all of them, except for the Queen figure.
I'm still on the hunt for that one.

There are 7 pieces in this line:

Alien
Alien Warrior
Alien3 "Runner"
Alien: Resurrection Warrior
Newborn
Queen
"Birth of the Newborn" Queen and Newborn dio

The 4 main Alien figures (Alien, Aliens Warrior, A3 Runner and A:R Warrior) are about in the same scale.
I think the A3 creature is a bit bigger than the others though.
And the Newborn is the same height as the Alien figure, so it's not in scale either.

The Alien and Queen Alien figure use the Halcyon sculpts.
Since Tsukuda bought Halcyon's molds when they closed their doors.

That particular Queen sculpt is also used in the "Birth of the Newborn" piece.

Here are some pics (minus the Queen I don't have yet)...

S.jpg

100_1529.jpg

100_1536.jpg

100_1535-1.jpg

sss.jpg

ss.jpg

You guys are both lucky! That birth of a new born is killer!

The sculpts on those are somewhat iffy... but the sheer size is pretty cool (my faves are the Aliens Warrior, the Giger Alien, and the Resurrection Alien). Okay, the Queen is also pretty sweet. Are these poseable? How much do they run for?

The sculpts on those are somewhat iffy... but the sheer size is pretty cool (my faves are the Aliens Warrior, the Giger Alien, and the Resurrection Alien). Okay, the Queen is also pretty sweet. Are these poseable? How much do they run for?

They have some limited poseability.

Mostly just the arms.

You're looking at around $100 a pop for these, more or less.

Now, with the right repaint, these figs can actually be pretty damn badass.

A3proj017.jpg

A3proj018.jpg

DSC02001.jpg.gif

Lord have mercy! Look at the repaint on those dome pieces!! Sabres, can I be a pain in the ass and ask you for a pic of a tsukuda "Resurection" next to a hot toys alien?

If Les had repainted all of these figures, I'd feel much more inclined to get one. The price isn't too bad either, considering the size of these things.

Lord have mercy! Look at the repaint on those dome pieces!! Sabres, can I be a pain in the ass and ask you for a pic of a tsukuda "Resurection" next to a hot toys alien?

Here you go dude.

Sorry, I forgot I sent my A:R Alien off to Reverend to be customized, so I took the pic with the Aliens Warrior.
They're both the same size.

@Bensin...pm'd ya back dude...sorry!

100_1739.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back