Are the rubies gloves worth buying and modding?

CRANIUM

Hi guys,
Im in the process of kit bashing a pred costume with the intensions of making it look different from the normal looking predator but in a way that everyone will know its a predator,thats the plan anyway.
I'm going to use my old stormtrooper fx armor and kitbash it to death not to make it plain obvious that im using fx,for the feet i may just use my bulky sandles i have and make them look all armoured up(so i dont have to spend on pred feet)im also going to use cheap car mats to fix to the armor and make belt patterns and whatever i need them for as most have a unique pattern which looks pretty cool,im gonna do the skin last along with the dreads,and as for the gloves would the rubies be worth modding with the rubber glove method?
cheers

Also,the suit is no way gonna look cheapy but is also not gonna look amazing :lol:

mate in my honest opinion just make your own from scratch buy yourself some clay oil based clay is great to use
I use klean klay then make yourself a cast of your hands with plaster you can buy some latex gloves your size and
fill them with plaster and bang you got something to sculpt your clay on then when your happy with your sculpt do a mold
of them you can use ultracal 30 make a 2 part mold these are just some examples of how to do it keep searching around the lair for
more http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=19141
good luck XD

there are numerous halloween stores online selling monster hands that will fit better and can be repainted.check that option before getting those giant pred hand things!

Hi guys,
Im in the process of kit bashing a pred costume with the intensions of making it look different from the normal looking predator but in a way that everyone will know its a predator,thats the plan anyway.
I'm going to use my old stormtrooper fx armor and kitbash it to death not to make it plain obvious that im using fx,for the feet i may just use my bulky sandles i have and make them look all armoured up(so i dont have to spend on pred feet)im also going to use cheap car mats to fix to the armor and make belt patterns and whatever i need them for as most have a unique pattern which looks pretty cool,im gonna do the skin last along with the dreads,and as for the gloves would the rubies be worth modding with the rubber glove method?
cheers

Also,the suit is no way gonna look cheapy but is also not gonna look amazing

I modded Rubies gloves for my "cheapie" suit.

But the gloves are very stiff, and it's very very hard to move in them.

Those gloves are MASSIVE and the paint job is a joke on them.

Im gonna latex up a pair of work gloves of some sort, latex gloves, or just buy a set monster hands off a halloween site and mod them....Mannowar makes good hands but thats if you got bout a hundred bux to spend on a set. those are actual pred hands. Those fit big from what i hear but not like the rubies huge things

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back