Are Predator biohelmets usually individualistic?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Elkman

I'm trying to figure out part of the Predator's "creation story", in a matter of speaking. I'm trying to figure out if Predator biohelmets are usually sculpted or shaped individually by the wearer, or if they "should" be mass-produced.

Here's my thinking: I'm working on a P1-style Predator, but I've also been influenced by the comic books. I saw a couple in the Predator: Cold War comic that look pretty cool. (Pardon the pun.) In that comic, there were a few different Predator biohelmets, leading me to think that each Predator shaped their own biohelmet. And, of course, AVP had Scar, Chopper, and Celtic. It looks like the new Predators movie has a couple different biohelmets as well.

So: Could I reasonably get away with making a bio in the P1 universe that doesn't look completely like the one from the first Predator movie? And if so, can I reasonably explain this to the judges at the CONvergence Masquerade, where I plan to compete with this costume, as well as the photo-takers afterward?

I'd post a couple pictures from the comic for reference, but I'm not sure if I'd be breaking copyright here.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CoolleKotten

Well, the Masquerade Rules doesnt say anything about the costumes being 'canon' or not... So I say go for it. Weapons is mentioned though, as expected. :)

VaderDave

I feel it has generally been accepted that you are right and that individual Preds make their own armor and therefore there would be differences instead of a uniform look. Personally this individuality is one of the things I like best about the Predator. It allows us as costumers a unique chance to express our arts. :)

Elkman

Thanks for the opinions. I scanned a couple pages of the comic book, and here are a couple of the bios I'm looking at doing:
ColdWarBios.jpg

I think the two on the right (3a and 3b) might actually be the same character, since they're on adjacent pages, but I'm not sure. Of these, I think #1 looks awfully cool, but kind of a departure from the regular P1 character. I'm leaning toward doing 3b, since it looks unique enough but yet still within the P1 universe.

Any thoughts?

ColdWarBios.jpg

swift kinfe

I always thought 3b was a P2 style mask.And I belive scars helmet was just a P1 facelift as far as I know(Still doesnt beat the original though).

Bear Predator

I'm trying to figure out part of the Predator's "creation story", in a matter of speaking. I'm trying to figure out if Predator biohelmets are usually sculpted or shaped individually by the wearer, or if they "should" be mass-produced.

Here's my thinking: I'm working on a P1-style Predator, but I've also been influenced by the comic books. I saw a couple in the Predator: Cold War comic that look pretty cool. (Pardon the pun.) In that comic, there were a few different Predator biohelmets, leading me to think that each Predator shaped their own biohelmet. And, of course, AVP had Scar, Chopper, and Celtic. It looks like the new Predators movie has a couple different biohelmets as well.

So: Could I reasonably get away with making a bio in the P1 universe that doesn't look completely like the one from the first Predator movie? And if so, can I reasonably explain this to the judges at the CONvergence Masquerade, where I plan to compete with this costume, as well as the photo-takers afterward?

I'd post a couple pictures from the comic for reference, but I'm not sure if I'd be breaking copyright here.
Most comics and movies show that the Predators mod thier Biohelmets over time.
Some even have more then one helmet.
Check out AVPR.
When Wolf leave the pred planet he picks out a Biohelmet from a wall of Biohelmets before he leaves.

Skullsplitter

Most comics and movies show that the Predators mod thier Biohelmets over time.
Some even have more then one helmet.
Check out AVPR.
When Wolf leave the pred planet he picks out a Biohelmet from a wall of Biohelmets before he leaves.
AVP-R being a poor source for canon IMO, the AVP franchise always was more about the wow-factor than substance, sadly.

That being said: each one should have their own imo.

Bovine13

Said it time and time again...there is no right or wrong in these costumes...IMO. One thing that has been proven over the years is that all the Preds are different in their own way. From whatever media source the Pred came from they all are idividualized and special in their own way. Do what you want on your suit. Go for it.

Elkman

Thanks, all. I've finished the sculpt and I spent yesterday doing the silicone mold for it. Here are a couple pictures, although I didn't have the top smoothed out before I took these pictures:

Last edited by a moderator: