Are fake Gentle Giant Jumbo (vintage) Darth Vader from China known to exist?

HDPE

Edit : PICS ADDED TO THE THREAD.

Hello everyone,

I have just been offered a loose Gentle Giant Jumbo vintage Vader by another collector.

He claims he got it from China in a baggie and it came without any cape.

He says these were samples from the factory.

A quick google didn't give any results .

I know fake 6" Black series Boba Fett from China are all over the internet but I couldn't find anything on fake jumbo figures, neither intel nor figures currently for sale on eBay or Chinese sites.

He is asking 45€ shipped which isn't a bad price seeing how much complete ones sell on eBay.

Are any collector from here aware of fakes made and floating around?

Are there any particular details to look for before I ask him for more pictures?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I need to give him an answer quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
jumbovader.jpg
jumbovader2.jpg

^^^^^
Here are the pics the seller sent me.

Does this look legit?

I've never owned a Gentle Giant figure so far, I'm just back into collecting figures.

Any help, any comments?

Thanks

I would say its NOT legit, the line "these were samples from the factory" to me is a red flag... I would assume he has multiples of this item and why a "factory" would have a bunch is suspect.. but hey its your money bud... :unsure:

I would say its NOT legit, the line "these were samples from the factory" to me is a red flag... I would assume he has multiples of this item and why a "factory" would have a bunch is suspect.. but hey its your money bud... :unsure:

Thanks for the reply, I "investigated " this guy and he is just a random collector getting rid of most of his collection so I'm quite confident he doesn't have multiples. Just this one.

He is just not close enough from me to be worth driving to his house to see it in person.
Plus since I've never seen or handled a jumbo gentle giant Vader I wouldn't even know what to look for...

That's why I was hoping a collector from here could give me some input, most members here have an eye for details and would spot softer details from a recast.

However I do agree with the " factory samples" line : it's something I haven't been able to confirm with my online research. But this figure is from 2011, so ....

It could be a legit product as some samples are either ditched because they don't meet quality control standards or there were extras that "walked away" from the factory. I've seen this happen tons of times, especially with toys.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back