Archive_X group paint contest featuring MPC ESB x-wing.

Carnet

Archive-X recently hosted a group paint contest, the subject of which was the PropStore MPC X-wing.

ILM used MPC models for the minatures in quite a few of the scenes, so...it's an off the shelf kit, but it's screen prop, so I figured I'd share it here.

It was a great project and learning experience to attempt to replicate the ILM style! I don't really care if I win, I had a blast!

Here is the Studio Model for reference

and my effort

I knew ILM used MPC kits to kit bash other models, but I did not realize they filmed an off the shelf kit. Is guess that is what I am seeing from the Prop Store? MPC kit painted by me, worth a few bucks. Painted by ILM priceless .

Already a thread for this,....great build Carnet

J

Hehe...whoops. I don't come over here much anymore.

Why woops? It is your build so if you want your own thread that is fine. Not every y-wing build is in the same thread either.....

You're right, but I do also appreciate a clean consolidated message board...it's all good.

I think "whoops" was just self imposed message board etiquette from years of different hobby/enthusiast BBS sites that I have been on over the years.

I understand. My OCD is tested everytime i go online

Lovely job on the XWing. Im still struggeling to finish mine. I havent painted anything in full ILM method before.

Great work Carnet!

Can someone confirm for me if this model is the 1/43 or 1/63 version by MPC? I'm guessing 1/43, as the 1/63 version according to scalemates was only released in 1983.

Don’t know about scale but it is the “regular” version, not the “snap kit”.

If you want to be completely accurate you will want an early version of the kit which had engraved panel lines. Later versions had raised panel lines and a bit of added detail here and there.

I went for the oldest kit i could find, vintage A New Hope era. That is what would have been available around production of Empire and Jedi.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back