Archive_X group paint contest featuring MPC ESB x-wing.

Carnet

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Archive-X recently hosted a group paint contest, the subject of which was the PropStore MPC X-wing.

ILM used MPC models for the minatures in quite a few of the scenes, so...it's an off the shelf kit, but it's screen prop, so I figured I'd share it here.

It was a great project and learning experience to attempt to replicate the ILM style! I don't really care if I win, I had a blast!

Here is the Studio Model for reference

and my effort

Jaitea

Master Member
Already a thread for this,....great build Carnet

J

scotthothpatrol

I knew ILM used MPC kits to kit bash other models, but I did not realize they filmed an off the shelf kit. Is guess that is what I am seeing from the Prop Store? MPC kit painted by me, worth a few bucks. Painted by ILM priceless .

Carnet

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Already a thread for this,....great build Carnet

J
Hehe...whoops. I don't come over here much anymore.

Carnet

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Why woops? It is your build so if you want your own thread that is fine. Not every y-wing build is in the same thread either.....
You're right, but I do also appreciate a clean consolidated message board...it's all good.

I think "whoops" was just self imposed message board etiquette from years of different hobby/enthusiast BBS sites that I have been on over the years.

marvin

I understand. My OCD is tested everytime i go online

Lovely job on the XWing. Im still struggeling to finish mine. I havent painted anything in full ILM method before.