Arcade 1up Announces The Tron Video Game Cabinet!

Captain Dunsel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’m definitely picking this one up!

Tron™ Arcade Machine

35D88BA1-8D46-4F61-99D7-88B573CA252B.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a MAME machine with Tron but would still consider buying this as a lot of the fun of the game is dependent on the controller.

Well, I picked this up while it was on sale ($100 off)…

I think the nostalgia bait got me on this one; while it’s probably the best looking of Arcade 1up’s cabinets, the games, themselves, have not aged too well and really aren’t objectively that great. Actually, they kind of suck.

I forgot that when I first encountered this game, I was 7 years old, with pretty low standards, and it was the best tech available at the time (1982).

My review: 10 / 10 for the cabinet design. 4.5 / 10 for the actual games.

3DFD2105-1154-4A85-933C-D95887200D45.jpeg

Last edited:
You can always hope it goes up in price, like Atari Star Wars.

I failed to buy one, when they were available, now the prices have skyrocketed.

That is pretty cool, I know I plunked tons of quarters into that game. However, without being in a smoke filled bar and a belly full of cheap draft beer, I just don't think it would be the same. :lol:

I have an original Tron arcade cabinet.
I loved it as a kid, and many years ago, I found one in almost mint condition, so I bought it
It is even better that I can just unlock the front panel door and give myself as many credits as I like.

Last edited:
Another thing about the one I got is that there was a custom top maquee on it. (I have the original stored away safely)
The custom one looks just like the original, but it says Encom on it, and " Designed and programmed by Kevin Flynn".
One of those things that if you did not know Tron, you would probably not even notice it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back