Applying Master Replicas Plaque Plates

redshirt

Sr Member
I have several Master Replicas collectibles and I'd like to have the plaques/plates on display with the items without permanently sticking the plates on the plaque holder. That way if I sell the item later I can offer it closer to original purchased condition. Please offer your non-permament plate suggestions.

Tom

Originally posted by redshirt@Jan 21 2006, 06:00 PM
I have several Master Replicas collectibles and I'd like to have the plaques/plates on display with the items without permanently sticking the plates on the plaque holder. That way if I sell the item later I can offer it closer to original purchased condition. Please offer your non-permament plate suggestions.

Tom
[snapback]1164857[/snapback]​

Museum Wax

http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/finishing/Museum_Putty.htm

Tiny dab will do 'ya.

Originally posted by 8 perf@Jan 22 2006, 10:53 AM
clear silicone adhesive works for me.
[snapback]1164881[/snapback]​
I use a dot of clear silicone, too. Holds well, but easily removable.

If you want an additional level of protection for the plaques, you can slip each one into a snug glycerine envelope and affix the envelopes to the display stands with silicone gel or museum wax.

Originally posted by redshirt@Jan 22 2006, 03:02 PM
What about plain old school brush on rubber cement. That'd seem easy to remove too?
[snapback]1165002[/snapback]​
Hadn't thought of that, but it sounds good to me. Rubber cement can usually be removed cleanly from both metal and acrylic with simple rubbing. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back