Apoxie Sculpt for seams?

Those seams are looking pretty good now. I did notice one small divot on the port side above the rearmost of the there front footpad brackets. If this were my build I'd dab on some Tamiya Basic Type polyester putty. That stuff really sticks and sands super smooth. I'd give it an hour to dry then sand all the way up to 600 grit or higher before giving her a shot of Tamiya Fine Surface primer. I love that stuff. Like anything though you basically have to keep repeating the same steps until you get the smooth finish you desire as the foundation for your final finishing coats-putty, sand, prime, repeat. It's how I got the Spindrift seams to disappear. That's how I'd do it anyway.

I finished this pod and the seams turned out better than previous models that I have done in the past. Thanks for all the advice, I have been building models for around one year now and after I complete each one I think what I would do different if I did it again. First, I should have waited till the end to put the legs on. Second, I always worry about getting glue on the cockpit glass and try to use very little. In this build I did not use enough and the shield fell in after I had masked it. I am lucky I was able to get all three pieces back installed. The last thing would be let it sit for days before my hands touch it. It seems that the international orange MM enamel paint took a long time to dry. Every build is a learning experience for me.

Thanks again, I need to finish a little touch up here and there but all done..

pod8.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back