Apollo era EVA glove build (need better reference materials!)

immortalverse

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, so I’m building a pair of Apollo era EVA gloves, and I’m currently scrambling the internet for photos and resources to measure and create patterns for my own pair of gloves. (Hundreds off photos so far and tons of measurements

Currently, I’ve sourced some really good materials, and am working on to create the internal neoprene dipped nylon pressure bladder for the EVA glove, but I’m having a sort of layering and pattern design meltdown:

I can’t seem to figure out how the IVA glove connected inside to the EVA glove (was there gluing involved?-If so what kind of glue, and at what points in the structure of the glove), and how the back side of the glove (the area exposed when the back flap was opened and you see the buckle system) is layered, and how the entire area is created.

If anyone has any references to ILC patterns of the gloves, whether that’s for the Chromel-R (obviously acquiring a substitute), or the perforated aluminized Mylar layers, please let me know! I’m trying to make a legit pair and I’ve actually made measurements off the 3D Smithsonian scan of Neil Armstrong’s EVA gloves, but detail regarding the inner patterns and workings are a blur.

Would love to make measurements at ILC Dover or the Smithsonian for research purposes, but currently not possible ($$$ and time).

Let me know what you think!

Hey guys, so I’m building a pair of Apollo era EVA gloves, and I’m currently scrambling the internet for photos and resources to measure and create patterns for my own pair of gloves. (Hundreds off photos so far and tons of measurements

Currently, I’ve sourced some really good materials, and am working on to create the internal neoprene dipped nylon pressure bladder for the EVA glove, but I’m having a sort of layering and pattern design meltdown:

I can’t seem to figure out how the IVA glove connected inside to the EVA glove (was there gluing involved?-If so what kind of glue, and at what points in the structure of the glove), and how the back side of the glove (the area exposed when the back flap was opened and you see the buckle system) is layered, and how the entire area is created.

If anyone has any references to ILC patterns of the gloves, whether that’s for the Chromel-R (obviously acquiring a substitute), or the perforated aluminized Mylar layers, please let me know! I’m trying to make a legit pair and I’ve actually made measurements off the 3D Smithsonian scan of Neil Armstrong’s EVA gloves, but detail regarding the inner patterns and workings are a blur.

Would love to make measurements at ILC Dover or the Smithsonian for research purposes, but currently not possible ($$$ and time).

Let me know what you think!

Hello I'm wondering how you are doing with your project? I'm well underway and I can give you some advice on the ILC pattern. Do you want to trade info and pics?

Hello I'm wondering how you are doing with your project? I'm well underway and I can give you some advice on the ILC pattern. Do you want to trade info and pics?
Hello. I am new to this forum and have started collecting photographs and what measurements and documentation I can find to create a replica

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back