APOLLO A7L space suit build-any help would be appreciated!

on Ebay, and came across
Speakin' of eBay Bub! I was able to get my claws on a super cool hat a couple years ago back in Dec 2011.

From TheWolverine's Collection: THAT'S ME BUB!
MythBusters Hat - Signed By Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman
MythBustersHat00.jpgMythBustersHat01.jpgMythBustersHat02.jpgMythBustersHat03.jpgMythBustersHat04.jpg

Failure is always an option.

Thanks Mr. Savage for helpin' me out! *SNIKT*

Last edited:
Darth 123,

The suit that you are referring to was on Ebay last week. Search 'Space Suit' under completed items.

Yes it is a super accurate sexy beast.

The Wolv......Besides Ken's Uber accurate 3d printed connectors, there are Break away steering wheel adapters on ebay in red and blue. They are for the Fast and Furious crowd so they can easily install and remove their steering wheels.

Love the idea of making one of these! I have gone ahead and started the parts to print in 3D. Does anyone have dimensions for the connectors? or by chance the flag on the shoulder? Rivet size? I am still researching these things...

Also, so far I have the flag with the bloated looking stars and some connector files if anyone needs them.
View attachment 245826
View attachment 245829
fittings.jpg
UPDATE: Everything shown is now modeled and on Shapeways at the correct size!

Hey guys!

I work at a spaceflight exhibition as a historian and tourguide and have acces to 2 A&L suits. 1 is a A&L with a detached backback which is displayed in another case without the white cover. The other suit is a A7L B wore by John Young during training. The suits is cut open on the right side to show the different internal layers, from the cooling garment up to the outer suits.

So if you guys need any reference pictures let me know. You have intil the end of the month because then we are shipping out the exhibition to Tokyo. ]

Happy building

Ditto. If you can get pics of the cover while off the back pack that would be great also. Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Kenlandrum,

I'm a long time lurker - first time poster :)

I have embarked on my own project to build the A7L suit - could you be so kind and send me your connector files please - I can't seem to find any decent ones anywhere!

Hi Guys!

thanks for all the input and Infos- unfortunately I stopped finishing the suit due to lack of time...
If there´s something new to show I´ll do it!

Regards!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back