Apollo A7L Moon Suit

I don't have patterns per se, just some drawings that guided me along a lot of what I did was cut and hope so to speak. I'll PM you with what I have though.

20201030_091500.jpg

Rocking the A7L at the office today, gunning for 1st prize in the costume contest. A steady supply of gatorade is key to avoid dehydration in this haha.

Selling the leftover bits from my project, free just cover shipping!

I know some of you have used fingertips that were actually made from silicone, but I'm wondering if anyone has spray painted their 3D printed tips and if so what spray paint and color did you use?

Attachments

• Armstrong_Visor_Gloves_006.jpg
    Armstrong_Visor_Gloves_006.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 202
I got lazy hunting for the correct colour and went with something that had too much green in it. I need to repaint when I find the time/correct colour.

This has been a great read, thanks for sharing the info/files.
Just wish I had ran into it a year ago when I was working on some parts for a friends project, I really didn't have much to go on for sizing. Have enough now that I may give a complete suit a try for myself.
-A

I don't have patterns per se, just some drawings that guided me along a lot of what I did was cut and hope so to speak. I'll PM you with what I have though.
Oh man. If you still have these, i would absolutely love them. I'm pretty crappy with this stuff, and this would be a huge help. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!
I made several other changes to the shell as well....
View attachment 678871
Hi All,

I have started making my own suit. Im kinda upgrading a regular costume shop EVA suit as well as making my own at the same time. and have printed many of the parts you have modelled here, but also made some modifications, particularly for resin printing. One thing however, have you modelled the front metal brace for the LEVA helmet you have in this photo, as it was not included in the files.

Im happy to model my own and share if back here if thats something Im permitted to do?

thanks heaps for all the info and research in this thread, its truely excellent.

April

I have printed the connectors as a bit of a test for the costume store suit upgrade, these are just printed on a photon DLP resin printer so no need to sand, just good primer, They are more textured than I would like so was going to remodel them in Fusion 360 or maybe just smoothen them out in meshmixer.

I was wondering, it wouldnt take much to make the top part rotate slightly, is this something that the originals did?

The other issue I had was finding the correct size o-ring, the ones I found are too thick to fit into that grove properly

Also has anyone modelled the plugs that plug into them from the hoses?

Attachments

• 294130540_2631322063666801_7323592466680824933_n.jpg
    294130540_2631322063666801_7323592466680824933_n.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 91
The ID of the O2 fittings look a little on the large side. Here is a photo of my coolant loop fitting (real one) the ID is around 1.300" if memory serves.
coolant-loop-fitting.jpg

As for O-rings, 2 options: McMaster-Carr sells o-rings in a wide range of sizes, and in (orange/red) silicone like the originals. Option 2, make your own, by buying o-ring material and gluing the ends together, Cyno should work fine for this application.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back