Apollo A7L Moon Suit

20200421_144544.jpg

Orings arrived for my connectors, here they are installed. A bit on the thick side, but it took me a month to source these given the current difficulties I think they will do alright

View attachment 1289195

Orings arrived for my connectors, here they are installed. A bit on the thick side, but it took me a month to source these given the current difficulties I think they will do alright

I just ordered some 30mm OD 2mm thick O-rings from NewEgg.com. I slightly modified the valves to accommodate. I also modeled up some valve backers similar to what you did. Test printing everything now to see how they work.
TestValve.jpg

Awesome stuff Ken! Love the constant improvements you're making to the meshes.

Took some vacation hours today to sit down and start sewing items to the torso. Laid the valves as well for a pic:

94486479_512896686048875_4055737304080187392_n.jpg

I feel like I'm finally making some progress on this project now! I still have the khaki brown strapping on for show, will remove it and replace with the beige stuff I have on the way when it arrives.

Why the silver fitting? On the real suits, they were blue and red. The only other was a light blue used on Gemini and a few yellow test / support equipment elbows. The anodizing fades, so on the suits now, some of the fitting look more silver than blue, depending on the lighting and exposure.
Also, if details matter, the electrical fitting was mounted under the TMG and the water fitting was mounted under the TMG and possibly the restraint layer. That is why it looks lower than the others. They both have clamp rings on the outside of the suit.

Why the silver fitting? On the real suits, they were blue and red. The only other was a light blue used on Gemini and a few yellow test / support equipment elbows. The anodizing fades, so on the suits now, some of the fitting look more silver than blue, depending on the lighting and exposure.
Also, if details matter, the electrical fitting was mounted under the TMG and the water fitting was mounted under the TMG and possibly the restraint layer. That is why it looks lower than the others. They both have clamp rings on the outside of the suit.

Awesome discussion points! All of my ref photos of Buzz's suit show that fitting and diverter as being silver. But you would know more so I'll take your word they should be blue and adjust accordingly!

As for the H2O and electrical connectors, they are just placed there for the photo, I have not cut the suit for them yet. I'll be sure to mount them properly. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! I used my resin printer to do it and it came out nicely, even the little part number. I finished it using Duplicolor metalcast base coat, which I had already bought to do the other parts of the suit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back