Apex Legends - Wingman (The Death Ray)

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Sayha, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Sayha

Sayha Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    itsgreg and Mike J. like this.
  2. stimpo

stimpo New Member

That looks fantastic! Im playing this game too and came in here to see if anyone was making any of the cool looking weapons.
    Hope to see the finished pistol.

3. Carson Ames

Carson Ames New Member

I would pay a good amount of money for a replica of the merciless wing version the wingman...

Looks awesome by the way!

4. Sayha

5. Emu

Emu New Member

That would be amazing if you finished the merciless wing saying it’s the skin I use. Another one you could maybe take a stab at but could be a challenge is the last spartan for the r-301.

6. Sayha

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  7. Sayha

Mike J. likes this.
  8. Sayha

Pro Mod and Mike J. like this.
  9. McFlyte

McFlyte Member

Looking good! This is coming together well Also fairly quickly!

10. SantaKlaus

SantaKlaus New Member

Hey a fellow Prusa i3 owner, also loving the progress on the wingman it looks great. There are some great two part epoxies out in the wild that will reduce the difficulty of sanding PLA and paint really well. Made my life about 1000x better when I started using them on the prints I wanted to paint and make look like production parts. Also if you ever consider selling your STLs definitely put me on the list, looks gorgeous.

11. Sayha

12. SantaKlaus

SantaKlaus New Member

Yeah definitely, the link is below, you can pick it up on amazon for dat free shipping. This being the RPF I'm sure others might recommend a different epoxy but this is just what I use. Its a little more expensive than other two part epoxies but I've had good luck with it. Dry times tend to be longer than advertised though unless you use a hair dryer or heat gun. I used this stuff to finish a open-able 3D printed pokeball, I just printed the shells in their appropriate colors, sanded any crazy rough areas and then layered it on. I didn't end up needed more than 2 thin coats before it was smooth and the print lines pretty much gone (.1mm layer height).

Also new parts look great, what layer height are you using for these?

XTC-3D®, High Performance 3D Print Coating

13. Sayha

14. Sayha

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  15. SantaKlaus

SantaKlaus New Member

I am not actually positive how much it adds in terms of thickness, you can apply it both as a thinner or in a thicker layer so its kinda up to you. It never seems like that much and any area that i have a little extra I just quickly sand down. . I personally have never really used it on areas that are being joined together like a peg or hole for conjoining pieces cause you don't ever see them. I've only used it on external areas that need to be smooth before they get painted like the grip or barrel of the Wingman in your last pic.

Nice, they really good and almost look like .1mm prints from the pictures. I agree PLA is more of a hassle to post process than ABS, the ABS fumes are just what kills it for me.

Pro Mod likes this.
  16. S1NGULAR1TY

S1NGULAR1TY New Member

Awesome!

17. xl97

xl97 Sr Member

Turned out great!

The printer filament colors make it look/feel like a NERF gun.. LOL

* jealous of your Fusion360 skills! (havent been able to grasp it yet outside if boxes with extruded walls!) LOL