Anyone working on Alternative Batman suits?

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Elmar329, Nov 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Elmar329

Elmar329 New Member

I've seen a lot of Dark Knight and Dark Knight Returns suits on here, but I was wondering if anyone was doing any other suits? There have been so many alternative versions (Elseworlds, Dark Claw, Knightfall, etc...) that I was wondering what had been done.

I'm not sure exactly where this image of Batman Beyond came from, but I thought it would make a cool build.

[​IMG]

2. Jawafive

Jawafive Sr Member

That's awesome.

3. AxiomUltra

AxiomUltra Active Member

Looks like the same model as the Desert Storm version on zbrushcentral. I don't know if it's the same artist or not.

4. Elmar329

Elmar329 New Member

The Desert Storm looks awesome too.

[​IMG]

5. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

is that a TDK cowl??? looks like it

6. Russ257

Russ257 Sr Member

looks like some sort of advacned action suit

7. Elmar329

Elmar329 New Member

Thought the Elseworlds was interesting. Also another pic of the Desert Storm suit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. EyeofSauron

i still think its a TDK cowl :)

kinda looks like a crysis suit combined with a bat suit :)

9. VinnyboyXI

VinnyboyXI Member

I want it! :eek

No joke this is my next project.
    Where should I look for available templates, when they are available of course

10. EyeofSauron

i think this needs to be scratch built

i have my mind on that too, seems to be a good foam project i think :)

11. TaylorMcManus

TaylorMcManus Well-Known Member

This would be awesome!

12. Random490

Random490 Member

It is a Dark Knight cowl, with an alternate neck.

Here's a site that goes through making the 3D model.
    Making of Batman Desertstorm

13. PrimoOptimoso

PrimoOptimoso Well-Known Member

HA! Touche, good sir.

14. Olsen Designer

Olsen Designer Member

awesome designs i would really like to see some of these brought to life but who has the time..

15. Elmar329

Elmar329 New Member

Hmmm... interesting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Kris Lyssara

Kris Lyssara Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've actually been considering doing a Lantern Batman for a while. Once I get in shape, it's definitely on my shortlist.

17. jnjoker100

jnjoker100 Active Member

18. dabiddabird

dabiddabird Well-Known Member

That Beyond one looks pretty sweet. I plan on working on the DC Online Batman from the trailers after I finish my Iron Man Mark VI and Red Hood builds.
    [​IMG]

19. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Azrael was certainly one of the first to be way out there.

The Desert Storm boots look like KISS Demon boots with nostrils. Doesn't look like he could sit down as well.

20. badass89

badass89 New Member

take this and turn it into the batstorm

$(KGrHqYOKigE6YOUYYu9BOqedpv93Q~~60_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  21. DesertKnight

DesertKnight New Member

I really like the way those suits look, but I can't help but think they suffer from the same "problem" the TDK suit has. While incredibly detailed and beautiful, they are, for me, a tad over designed to the point where it just looks like a guy wearing armor. Personally, I always felt like the Batsuit was supposed to make Batman appear more supernatural, rather than obviously being a suit of armor. That being said, I like this idea and was thinking about trying my hand at it. Seems like it would be pretty doable in foam, maybe layer some cloth over the foam.

[​IMG]

BB12549 likes this.
  22. Apocodaddy

Apocodaddy Member

I agree 100% with DesertKnight on the new costumes. I don't care for the overly armored looking costumes, but I do like the costume designs in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

23. Lurksmith

Lurksmith Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

24. lukel4

lukel4 Active Member

im also looking at doing the DC online batman but i might mix it with arkham asylum/city suit as well. anybody got any teplates for either of these?

25. Elmar329

Elmar329 New Member

I dont mind the armor looks so much, but I am not a fan of the TDK cowl.
    I think a Bat Lantern build would be kinda cool. Also think it would be neat to incorporate the Iron Man eyes into a cowl for the traditional "white eye" look it would give (or detective mode look of Arkham).

Azreal suit for you sir:

[​IMG]

RadLee likes this.
  26. Elmar329

Elmar329 New Member

This is just an AWESOME build. Love it.

27. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

My favorite alt Batman suit is the one he wears at the end of Batman vs Predator:

28. terryr

terryr Sr Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you don't know the story, Dick Grayson hurt his arm, so Batman wore garish costumes so no one would notice Robin with the same injury. [or Robin could just Stay Home. Duh.]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  29. dabiddabird

dabiddabird Well-Known Member

I don't think so, or at least I haven't seen any so far. I haven't even seen a DC online suit yet. Its going to have to be a scratch build. Imma give it a go in foam.

30. terryr

terryr Sr Member

31. Zeppo

Zeppo Sr Member

I've been slowly working on a Gotham by Gaslight suit for a while. I'm still trying to find the right wool for the cloak. That and applying the bat to the shirt are all I have left to do.

32. rabbit

rabbit New Member

[​IMG]
    I've been thinking of starting a Vampire Batman costume personally, but i have no idea how i'd do the wings without it looking too hokey.

33. Elmar329

Elmar329 New Member

Don't like the wings. A lot of the images have a really weird cape with them. It may be an alternative to the wings. That or free style the wings a bit for a better look.

Another interesting image...
    [​IMG]

34. omel

omel Well-Known Member

35. Davlin

Davlin Well-Known Member

A good Beyond suit has yet to be done. No one really managed to keep on the simplicity of the design and tried too hard to make it scifi. The suit material, always seeming to be backlit no matter the light setup is ( apart from the extremes ones ) is also a good challenge. I'd like to try to give it a shot someday.

36. Elmar329

Elmar329 New Member

Something different...

[​IMG]

37. badass89

badass89 New Member

i personally think i was the inspiration for the arkam suit this is 5 years ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

artsee1 full muscle suit . had to cut from ankle to ankle and wrist to waist to get it on but it fits much better than anyone elses now. should have sold it as arkam on ebay this halloween with all the hype.

38. berserk wolf

berserk wolf Guest

In terms of making an alternative Batsuit, I'd go with the Batbot from the series The Batman (first two attachments) and Frank Miller's incarnation of Batman in The Dark Knight REtunrs (third attacment) but since I'm only toned and not insanely buff lol, I'd probably make the suit out a Rubies Mr. Incredible suit but latexed over like how most of The Hunter's Lair members start their budget Predator suits.

39. jsnmrshl97

jsnmrshl97 New Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  40. martcpl705

martcpl705 Well-Known Member

First suit looks like a cross between the desert storm suit and batman beyond. There's a thread somewhere on this board of a hybrid iron man/batman suit. I believe it's still in the artistic design phase although a paper mache iron cowl lol was built.

41. Shades

Shades Well-Known Member

42. Steampunch

Steampunch New Member

Tinkering with an Owlman suit myself. True Not a Batman suit but he is the Anti-Batman.

Seeing how the mask pans out before I really commit to the rest of the project.

[​IMG]

I had a batman partially contructed mask that I had kind of abandoned.It was originally the future batman mask from DC online. (Thanks to whoever pepped it in first place who's name escapes me at the moment sorry). The reason I never completed it was because I felt the ears stuck out to wide on my head, wrong shape for batman but perfect for something else.

My eventual goal is to make the Owlman seen in DC animated movie Crisis on two earths, as voiced by James Woods.

[​IMG]

Cut the eyes which I plan to cover with black foam inserts and plastic lenses. Altered the forhead. Filled in the nose and added a beak. Early days yet. Need to sand obviously and strengthen places weakened by cutting.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  43. jfagaly25

jfagaly25 New Member

Dude that owl ma looks really cook ever thought of using some of the technique from watchmen into the lenses of the mask. Also if you want that spooky look for the eyes if you have the money try transition lenses and LEDs when it gets dark your eyes get reflected off the light in the mask and get projected on the lenses it gives it a creature of the night look.

http://www.inversepress.com/wp-cont...hmen-at-New-York-Comic-Con-e1318769308372.jpg

44. Coldfury

Coldfury New Member

This is hands down my favorite interpretation of Batman beyond, If I had the money and resources I would sooooo make this!!!

45. Joe Pep

Joe Pep Active Member

No matter how many different types of batman suits there are, the best ones stick to the basic principle. To invoke fear into the hearts of the evil doers. There is always a edge of darkness no matter what.... I think that is what made the very first movie with michael keaton so great. Bruce Wayne kinda silly billionaire doing rich guy stuff, chasing women, having parties. Then you got batman. An almost michael myers mentality picking that guy up and hanging him over the edge of the building. Who are you?????????? I'm Batman Classic.........

46. MCL34N

MCL34N Well-Known Member

I was actually planning an original Batman Beyond concept for SDCC that would be along these lines. There are things I don't like about this design though, It's very busy with all of the little details going on. I think to effectively capture the Beyond "Vibe" it needs to be primarily black with some red details. Also I'm not a huge fan of the boots or cowl on this one.

47. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Earth 2 Batman by Jim Lee.

[​IMG]

48. batfan10

batfan10 Well-Known Member

49. VaultUK

VaultUK Well-Known Member

I've been looking at putting this suit together I think I've found the right cowl and jump suit which will need a colour change .

50. joedc27

joedc27 Member

I'm working on the the new 52 Batman. It's actually gonna be an amalgam of AA,Batman Begins and the comic. Just working on pgetting parts together.