Anyone use contact lenses?

madwelshman

just bought a complete Predator suit, well happy, as I never thought i'd get my project off the ground!

Just wondering, does anyone wear contacts when donning the suit? I know the chap I bought mine off didnt, but I think it would finish off an awesome costume! anyone use them, can anyone reccomend a good set, ideally in the uk?

For my Darth maul contacts, they are fast and cheap too, hopefully I will find something I can use.

I like the look of these, pretty much in that order..

What do you guys reckon?

Cheers in advance, Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my first set, make your eyes feel a little dry to start with. But you get used to it. This will be my first year using them. Sorry I don't know of anyone on the UK side, but make sure you see an eye doc first so you don't have any future problems.
Twisted One

ah its cool Twisted, I kit up as Darth Maul with the 501st quite often, used to wearing contacts now, if only for show!

What type you gone for? what do you reckon to the choices I'm looking into?

If you have worn contacts before then I say go ahead and get them for this one as well. Contacts can bring a costume to the next level and give more of the illusion that your facing a real predator...it would just be wierd "holy crap look at the pred...it has the prettiest blue eyes"

Oh and that is a great site...I have received about 4 or 5 pairs from them and I am going to order my next pair this weekend.

which ones are most "pred" looking then? I have tried to find colours that arent normal eye colours, like the yellows ect, might buy all three if my ebay stuff sells well!

Whatever color you use, you want a light color to set off the black around your eyes. I would go with a yellow black mix or light colored cat eyes. The predator eyes are a combination of green with a tinge of red. Usually find them for around 300 bucks.
I use vampfangs.com to get my contacts.
Twisted One

9mm makes actual predator contacts ...they are very expensive but look like the real deal. They are also very big!...here's the thing...have you trooped for very long in a Pred suit? I'm just saying that adding one more layer of discomfort to an already difficult wear could be a very daunting task. I'm all for adding realism, but your body may have other ideas

havent as yet, but I have done the Rose Parade as a stormtrooper, also biker scout, Darth Maul, Zombie, Borg, ect, with the 501st, trooping in uncomfortable armour/costumes aint uncommon to me! lol

9mm do a lovely set of maul lenses too, not cheap either!

oooh, those 9mm ones are bloody nice though!

They are full sclera covering though, ewww, no thanks!

I cant bloody wait!!!! Trying to blag a van run down south to pick it up this/next week, or otherwise I wont get it till next saturday ;)

That is true. Still wondering what kind of contacts they are. Hard? soft? semiehard? Reason is that it takes a while to put those flimsey ones in. :lol:

ive got a couple pairs from here, not necessarily for pred masks but the quality is among the best ive ever seen, definately worth the price!

http://www.9mmsfx.com/lenses.html

I bought the Glow in the Dark ones and they really glow with the solution that they give me and I'm going to use them for the build that I plan on doing hopefully soon. Here is the photo of what they look like. Sorry it is so big
Glowingeyes.jpg

Glowingeyes.jpg

That is true. Still wondering what kind of contacts they are. Hard? soft? semiehard? Reason is that it takes a while to put those flimsey ones in. :lol:
theyre soft lenses, they feel just like my perscriptions, theyre very comfortable and the dont make your eyes itch or dry.

theyre soft lenses, they feel just like my perscriptions, theyre very comfortable and the dont make your eyes itch or dry.
Try Coastal Contacts. They have just as large of an array of Special F/X - Theatrical lenses as the two companies mentioned in this thread but they have many at discounted prices including Scleral & Rx lenses. They're very comfortable & add an extra dimension to your costume!

thaden1.jpg

These are my Manson Rx's [prescription] I used for my dark Jedi costume this past Halloween.

I've been using them with almost every costume I do for the last 8 years. Back then they were a more costly but nothing completes a costume like the spooky eyes.
I have three pairs now but plan on a new set specially for the pred

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back