Anyone received the Black Series Boba Fett Rearmored/Repaint?

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I ordered one from Gamestop when it was announced, but haven't gotten it yet
and it looks like they're shipping or have been released. Just curious if anyone has gotten one.

Also, after the fact, I've seen some comments about how inaccurate it is.
Is there a list of what's "wrong" with it?

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I ordered one from Gamestop when it was announced, but haven't gotten it yet
and it looks like they're shipping or have been released. Just curious if anyone has gotten one.

Also, after the fact, I've seen some comments about how inaccurate it is.
Is there a list of what's "wrong" with it?
I’m curious what other people think

BudaFett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It’s been available in the Disney parks in Florida for a few weeks.

Few things about accuracy:

1) The helmet is repaint of their previously released Empire Strikes Back helmet so it’s not the same size as the rearmored helmet which is based off the Legacy/Sideshow bust. For book of boba fett the helmet used was a modified 3D scan of the hero helmet with significant changes. So the size is completely wrong.
2) The sculpted damage in the mold is inaccurate
3) The range finder ear is inaccurate on all black series helmets.
4) Personally I think the paint is way too light

Ned Figglehorn

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

1) The helmet is repaint of their previously released Empire Strikes Back helmet so it’s not the same size as the rearmored helmet which is based off the Legacy/Sideshow bust. For book of boba fett the helmet used was a modified 3D scan of the hero helmet with significant changes. So the size is completely wrong.
Do we have any comparison photos of a BS Boba helmet next to a lineage replica? I would like to see the differences.

BudaFett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Do we have any comparison photos of a BS Boba helmet next to a lineage replica? I would like to see the differences.

They’re pretty close (they should be Hasbro used the Anovos scan) but you can see some of the differences.
D3E660F6-EF9C-4844-9103-794032D48CAE.jpeg DF180DC7-3F9E-4064-B7F8-D3716E494BFA.jpeg D6F653C8-6CC5-4D23-9171-2584BB6AB02F.jpeg B26EE737-CD09-442B-ACE5-D8A3B963C9A7.jpeg

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The only thing thats really accurate is the style where the rangefindercover and midsection is casted in one piece.;)

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looks like the rangefinder cover is quite a bit thicker. I imagine to allow room for batteries/electronics?

I knew it was a repaint of the ESB from the beginning. Interesting how they changed the visor height slightly.
I'd read online some people mentioning that, and now I can't unsee it. :)

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The only thing thats really accurate is the style where the rangefindercover and midsection is casted in one piece.;)
I have to get one…

Looks like the rangefinder cover is quite a bit thicker. I imagine to allow room for batteries/electronics?

I knew it was a repaint of the ESB from the beginning. Interesting how they changed the visor height slightly.
I'd read online some people mentioning that, and now I can't unsee it. :)
Exactly, and there is a button there to release the range finder

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Still haven't heard anything from Gamestop about my order. Kind of annoying as the Mandalorian helmet I had shipped to the house and it arrived as soon as it was released. Ship to store... not so much. But they had 3 Deathwatch helmets the last time I was in there. :)

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Still haven't heard anything from Gamestop about my order. Kind of annoying as the Mandalorian helmet I had shipped to the house and it arrived as soon as it was released. Ship to store... not so much. But they had 3 Deathwatch helmets the last time I was in there. :)
Mine has 2 death watch and 3 wedge right now.. I was curious if they would have it right there on the shelf

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.