Anyone notice the price increase on the Anovus items ?

Knightmare

Sr Member

I paid 350 for mine now it’s 600 ? ouch .

Not defending their price increase, but what hasn’t gone up? Building materials have tripled in price

Paints, plastics, you can’t even get abs anymore, the stuff is like mining gold right now

I hope things go back to normal, but whats scary is.. when in history has stuff gone up in price, ever come back down? I can’t think of any..

i got heavily involved in this hobby alittle over 10 years ago, where I started invested more and more into these replica props because it was a far cheaper hobby than drag racing

Now.. the prices in this hobby are basically costing me the same as when we raced..

High prices makes things less affordable for me.. which in turn pushes me out of the hobby..

Hope to god things turn around..

Not defending their price increase, but what hasn’t gone up? Building materials have tripled in price

Paints, plastics, you can’t even get abs anymore, the stuff is like mining gold right now

I hope things go back to normal, but whats scary is.. when in history has stuff gone up in price, ever come back down? I can’t think of any..

i got heavily involved in this hobby alittle over 10 years ago, where I started invested more and more into these replica props because it was a far cheaper hobby than drag racing

Now.. the prices in this hobby are basically costing me the same as when we raced..

High prices makes things less affordable for me.. which in turn pushes me out of the hobby..

I agree but this could be used just to raise prices more then it’s actually costing .

The X-Wing helmets were going up with Anovos as well. After the Rey helmet came out, they started asking $500 for Red 5, then $550 for Gold Leader and Blue Leader. So $600 is not too far off.

Unless you have access to development, research, production, and other supply chain costs, and then possibly any additional issues/expenses that Denuo had inherited from Anovos, you really can’t go throwing around accusations of price hikes. I believe you are now dealing with a company that knows how to price an item that allows them to properly cover costs and get a proper return on their investment.

I have always believed that one of the problems Anovos had was that they sold items too early in their production process, even before an approved prototype. It is my opinion that in trying to make attractive pricing, they started to lose money when they did not foresee unexpected manufacturing issues whether it be retooling a product or dealing with a 3rd party manufacture who could not meet the production quality or demands. As a result, that would cause Anovos to recover loses in future products. And since Anovos did not seem to learn from early mistakes, I further speculate that the problem snowballed as time went on.

That's why I hoard . Come visit me, I have plenty for us both.

But in all seriousness, prices suck across the board right now

Agreed all all true. The Buyer/Collector will have to set the standard on whether it worth buying at the higher price or take a different course. Prices may not drop at all for a quite while during these crazy times. The only thing i see standing out for a price drop is either vendors are realizing they have tons of product sitting on the shelves collecting dust. Due to people not willing to pay their higher prices. Exception those with super deep wallets. If they don't sell their stock on what they are hoping will be "Hot Selling Must Have" then they are stuck with it even longer than expected. There are always other avenues to get what one wants and still save some cash. Prices are going up everywhere.

Denuo Novo has been good about delivering products so far.

Anovos increased the price on several of their products over the years. The TK armor went up quite a bit from the original price.

Prices fell relative to wages in most countries through the 1920s. And (if memory serves, I know the Interwar Period pretty well but not latter 20th century) I believe something similar happened in the 1990s. (And then prices plummeted in the late 1930s, but that was because so many people's wages went to 0, so let's not do that again.)

In general, if a price is unusually high because of an input cost being abnormally expensive (in our current case, usually labour or transportation (and the transportation issue is basically also a labour shortage) ) then the sticker price will drop again when that input cost stabilises. It may not come all the way back down to what it was before... but in the meantime, wages will generally have gone up. (It usually doesn't feel like wages went up, but if one actually runs the numbers, usually they have.) So the number of hours one has to work to afford the item is usually either similar, or in fact less.

There's a few notable exceptions, especially housing, but for the most part the economy runs this way.

So... my point is that the current situation is bad, but it will get better, and there's every reason to assume that over time costs and wages will cloase in on each other again. Think positive!

I read an article on the Financial Post about the return on investment in the Toy Collectible area. The article mentioned a few things:
Collect Lego: the MF is a good investment; limited run, high quality and a must buy item.
Collect toys: StarWars, Ghost Buster are hot items and many buyers are getting 2 or more of the same items as to re-sold them on Ebay in the future. Conclusion of the article: expect an 11% return on your investment;)(y)

If they are still getting products on containers, that alone could account for the price increase. Where a container did cost $2000, it now costs over $20,000. I've had to pay more to get products, and as a result, that increase gets passed to the customer. Domestic made products are getting hit hard due to price of steel as well. Residential security containers/safes have seen a jump of about 25% in the space of 6 months.

Reminds me so much of Sideshow collectables. Their 12" Star Wars figures were £40 and then started to cost £100, then £140. I think they are as much as Hot Toys now with half the quality. A shame because I used to love collecting them. That Old Ben figure and their and Sidious/Palpatine double pack were amazing.

A proffieboard of mine has started to over heat. What was £40 is now £80 to replace.

The Gentle Giant mini busts were the first thing I noticed. They started out costing $50, which was 20 years ago this coming year, so I would expect some increase. Now the news ones are regularly around $120. In the past when they did more complex or exclusive busts, they were maybe $75-100. I can't see that inflation would more than double the cost in that period when other items only slightly increased.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back