Anyone making a "Ghost" from Destiny?

AntCaps

Hey guys,
iv been hooked on Destiny since I got my XB1 on Christmas and now I really want a replica of the Ghost.
iv seen some 3d printed he's but none that are complete. I'd really like one with a light up eye and maybe some sound effects/ voice effects.
so has anyone been building one? Or seen a good one somewhere?
thanks!
Anth

Thanks for the link I'll check it out, oh and does anyone know if it's supposed to me metallic or white? It looks its to me but a lot of the ones I see are metallic.

I can 3D print a Ghost for you fairly cheaply without lights fairly cheaply if you're interested. I have a few variations on parts and colours that you see throughout the game. I'm working on a version with lights in the near future. Adding sound effects sounds interesting but I'm a ways off from that yet.

Ammnra makes the most versatile version I've seen. If you collect the dead ghosts in the game they are all different so it's really anything goes as far as variations. But the main one in the game is a weathered white I believe. It sounds sacrilegious but, you could gut one of the collector edition ghosts since it features a motion sensor, recharge port, lights and prerecorded sound files.

Damn, that Ammnra Creations one is amazing!

I also made one (and several other destiny props click on "my projects" on the right):
http://www.sloanhood.blogspot.com/2014_02_01_archive.html

Ghost_01.jpg
100% accurate too ;)

Last edited:
So I'm really late to this thread. But I have been working on my own Ghost on and off for a year or so now. I got the files from BoldPrintShop on thingiverse (Here), and was just going to print that, can call it a day.

However the more I thought about it the more I wanted it to be better. I wanted the wings to be able the rotate around the eye like they might in the game. an then I wanted for it to have more than just an LED in the eye to light it up. So the plan is to hopefully cram a tiny OLED screen in there too. I have basically designed my own center eye (still in the process of finishing it. Im trying to learn Fusion 360 instead of just using 123d Design). Also I plan on using domed watch sapphire for the front lens of the eye.

I would go as far as model my own wings, but they seem a little beyond my skill set at this point, plus the ones from BoldPrintShop are so good. I printed it out once, but screwed up when painting the wings, so back to the drawing board I went

Have no clue about the programing of all the electronics I want to use, or where to start with how complex I want to make it... but oh well.

IMG_4588.JPG Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 5.46.53 PM.pngGhost Eye - 002 v28a.jpg

I'm also late to this, but I've recently started planing a Ghost shell build with a Raspberry Pi Zero inside, a 1.44" Color TFT LCD Display (adafruit) and a tiny speaker.
Because I had to fit everything in the middle (sphere) core its gonna be bigger than what you'd expect. All the outside parts would be put on by screws and magnets with 1 hole to USB power. The other connections would also be easily accessable after removing parts held on by magnets.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back