Anyone listen to Ozzy's Boneyard channel on Sirius XM? Beatles question

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone listen to the Ozzy's Boneyard channel on SiriusXM? I keep hearing them play The Beatles Helter Skelter, but it's a super hard rock version. It sounds almost like The Beatles playing with Motorhead. It's definitely Paul McCartney singing. I don't know if it's a version they did live, but it's so much better, IMO, than the album version. I thought maybe somewhere here might know what version it was.

I've heard it live by Paul himself and it comes off harder than the one the beatles did. Don't rule out a 3rd party either. I'm sure they can do the equivalent of a dance mix to put a much more heavy metal sound behind it.

I'm not surprised. I've heard various mixes of Beatles songs for years on the radio that were never released on an a!bum. They also sometimes released a different mix on the 45's as compared to the albums.

I listened to a couple live versions and it's definitely him performing it live. I just have to find the right one. I think this is a case of the song being better live, IMO.

It was very strong, like I said the most hard rock I've ever heard a Beatles song. From the lives stuff I've seen it looks like maybe 90s or something. I never found one that was dead on to what I heard, but close.

I did the same thing and even listened to the MC version just in case, and it was definitely not that. I thought "Well maybe I wasn't paying attention and it was Vince Neil singing." :lol: Definitely Paul. Pretty much any of the live versions are good, so I'll just pick one.

I mentioned it to my mom because I don't think I ever heard Helter Skelter and I was like "Wow it was like the heaviest Beatles song I've heard!" and she gave me an odd look. She is a huge Beatles fan and has her fanclub card from when she was a kid. So when I listened to the version on one of her albums I told her "This is very anemic, not the version I heard". and she said she thought I must be nuts because it's not that heavy of a song. :lol:

It was considered heavy back in the day.
From the wiki:
"The song was McCartney's attempt to create a sound as loud and dirty as possible. It is regarded as a key influence in the early development of heavy metal" and "In his contemporary review for International Times, Barry Miles described "Helter Skelter" as "probably the heaviest rocker on plastic today""

I'm not surprised. I've heard various mixes of Beatles songs for years on the radio that were never released on an a!bum. They also sometimes released a different mix on the 45's as compared to the albums.
There's albums full of outtakes out there. You can find 65 hours of Let it Be sessions, too.

One one of those outtakes is John singing "---- a ducky, ---- a ducky"...was not expecting that and I was laughing a long time, now i can't find the damned thing to save my life! I have it somewhere.

Yeah my mom (just turned 70) got Sirius to try out with her car and she's in love with The Beatles Channel and all the song variants. That and the Tom Petty channel. Then a few days back she texted me that she heard another Metallica song she liked and it's called "One". I know she liked some of the Black Album stuff, but that's the heaviest one so far.

There's albums full of outtakes out there. You can find 65 hours of Let it Be sessions, too.

One one of those outtakes is John singing "---- a ducky, ---- a ducky"...was not expecting that and I was laughing a long time, now i can't find the damned thing to save my life! I have it somewhere.
I used to a bootleg album called Apple Tracs from the Let it Be sessions. A lot of what was on it was similar to the Get Back special from last year.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back