Anyone know the brand of tank tee Wolverine wears?

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Banquo Fett, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Banquo Fett

Banquo Fett Well-Known Member

Here's the pic -- anyone know what brand this is?

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/x2loganstill.jpg[/image]

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Well-Known Member

I "think" its DKNY but I've never been able to find one to verify this. I've seen DKNY t-shirts with the same ribbing pattern on them.

I'd love to find this though.

3. LogansRunner

LogansRunner Well-Known Member

I have found one similar, but I dont even remember what it was called.

4. Banquo Fett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(~Sal~ @ Apr 27 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]1234349[/snapback]</div>
    Doh.

Do you have it still? To take a look at the label?

I suck at internet searches. Even the DKNY lead came up short... anyone know any tricks?

5. mtsbspidey

mtsbspidey Well-Known Member

i remember reading somewhere that they were dolci & gabana...not exactly a brand logan would wear but...you know they can't use 3 for $5 wifebeaters from walmart in the movie....skott

6. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Any way to confirm this?
    I'd love to get the correct ones.

7. darthgoat

darthgoat Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtsbspidey @ Apr 27 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]1234542[/snapback]</div>
    $200 watch. D&G wife beaters. $1200 jacket. Wolvie is quite the male model. He's no Zoolander though.

8. Banquo Fett

I've looked at a bunch of D&G shirts, none match.

Is it possible it is discontinued?

9. mtsbspidey

mtsbspidey Well-Known Member

"Is it possible it is discontinued?"

could be....x2 did come out 3 years ago...and x-men 6 years ago...what clothing company keeps an exact style in production for that long?....skott

10. Banquo Fett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtsbspidey @ Apr 28 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1234850[/snapback]</div>
    On the other hand, it's not like this is a real shirt. It's an undershirt... styles don't change that much, right?

11. LogansRunner

Did you try ebay yet?

12. Banquo Fett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(~Sal~ @ Apr 28 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1235002[/snapback]</div>
    Yup. No dice :unsure

13. Banquo Fett

14. LogansRunner

I tried a search a couple of days ago and didn't find anything close.

15. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

I work at an outlet center that has 2 dkny stores, I'll give a check tommorow

16. Banquo Fett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allosaur176 @ May 5 2006, 02:23 AM) [snapback]1238668[/snapback]</div>

Any luck?

17. Banquo Fett

How can we find an Obi emitter from an airplane engine, but we can't find this dang shirt? :p

18. LogansRunner

Tushea :p
    Is the one in X3 the same one, its hard to tell I don't think it is I think it has almost the same overall look as a normal undershirt.

19. Minder Thr33

Minder Thr33 Sr Member

Has anyone tried the Gap? His jeans were from the Gap, so it won't be too much a stretch for the costume crew to pick up a few wife beaters.

20. LogansRunner

I didn't know that, I think I know someone who works there.

21. Banquo Fett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(~Sal~ @ May 10 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]1242165[/snapback]</div>

Yeah, the new one looks different. Less interesting. But that seems to be the case with all costuming for X3 -- like Wolverine's toned down jacket and belt buckle.

22. LogansRunner

I actually like the new jacket, the arm bands are sweet, in my opinion, I dont mind the btoom portion of those triangle type patterns at the boom being removed ethier*runs for cover*. I really like how it looks in that one shot with storm when they are in the street. :) In my opinion the X1 jacket and X3 jacket are the best, don't really care for the X2 jacket, even though its a lot more detailed. :confused

23. Banquo Fett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(~Sal~ @ May 11 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]1242712[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you. I don't mind it. I wish they started with a toned down look though (for the sake of consistency). I agree about the removal of the triangle patterns too. It is now a jacket I would consider wearing without feeling like I was wearing something over-the-top. Cooler. Not as comic book, but cooler - like Indy.

24. LogansRunner

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Avalon X @ May 11 2006, 11:11 PM) [snapback]1242787[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you. I don't mind it. I wish they started with a toned down look though (for the sake of consistency). I agree about the removal of the triangle patterns too. It is now a jacket I would consider wearing without feeling like I was wearing something over-the-top. Cooler. Not as comic book, but cooler - like Indy.
    [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. :)

25. Banquo Fett

Am I right in understanding that Wested will definitely be making the X3 jacket?

26. LogansRunner

Where did yu hear that?

27. Banquo Fett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(~Sal~ @ May 12 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]1243291[/snapback]</div>
    A thread on the RPF is talking about Wested making a replica. I could have misread though...

They're making WAR OF THE WORLDS...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...prclo=&saprchi=

28. LogansRunner

29. Knightsaber

Knightsaber Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has been brought up or if it helps out at all, but I believe that the X2 tank is the same one worn by Link in The Matrix Reloaded. Came on TV a while back and I was like "Hey, it's the Wolverine Tank top." I think I'll double check that right now...