Anyone know Sithcamaro (Toby Markham?) ??

DrMcoy

Sr Member
I bought a Jack Sparrow coat from Toby almost a year ago. It took a few months but finally got it, but it was way too tight. I sent it back to Toby explaining the situation (along with several e-mails both before and after I sent it back) and also sent him a coat that someone else made me from same measurements I sent Toby so he could either adjust the coat he sent me or make a new one that fit. He graciously offered to make me a new one.

This was back in April or May.

It is now mid August and despite several e-mails asking for updates, all I got were one or two, with the last one a month ago telling me he was having a hard time casting the buttons.

I have since sent him about 20 e-mails, no response. I have written to his MySpace account, no response. I know he's visited his MySpace site a few times since I wrote him, so this leads me to believe he is now deliberately ignoring me.

He has $900 of my money for first coat and my other coat which I paid $400+ for.

I am obviously concerned.

If anybody on this board knows him personally or has a good relationship with him, I would sure appreciate you letting him know that I either want a full refund (and my original coat back that he didn't make) OR to have him deliver a coat that he makes that fits me and my original coat back and have these delivered by first week in September -- and if that can't be done, then I then just want a full refund and my original coat back.

Thanks for reading. If I don't hear back from him by Monday, I am taking this up with PayPal which I used to pay him for the coat.

Ted Eckel

I'd say to give it a few days for this thread to ruminate. Sadly this is smack in the middle of con season, which Tobes spends on the road alot. I haven't seen him on AIM lately, but if I do I will send him to this thread.

I do know that Toby doesn't cheat on his detail, and if he says he's having trouble with the buttons, this could be a valid claim.

Toby is a very dependable as a dealer and his reputation he holds very important to him. He will fulfill his obligations, I have no doubt. Though Darth Mule is right, Dragon Con is coming up in two weeks and am willing to bet its consumed as it always does every year. Hopefully, he at least will drop an email with some explanation as to the delay - though, I am very confident he will fulfill his end.

Thanks for the input -- I will write him through this forum directly and see if he responds.

I understand that there are sometimes delays, but after a certain point, one starts to feel as though he/she is being taken advantage of.

I paid for the coat almost a year ago and should not have to keep sending countless e-mails for updates. if someone is busy with other aspects of their life and can't fulfill their obligations to customers in a reasonable time frame, then they should say so and provide a refund.

At this point I believe it is fair for me to ask for a proper coat that fits delivered within 2 to 3 weeks OR a complete refund.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back