Anyone know RPF member "starbuc?"

Pilot

Sr Member
On December 5th '05, I sent a payment of $35 via Paypal to RPF member "starbuc" for a product he'd advertised in the Junkyard. Several weeks went by with no contact, and after sending a couple of concerned PM's, I heard from him again on January 8th of this year. That message assured me that everything was fine and that he'd just been out of town.

OK, no worries here. It's the holiday season, people get very busy, totally understandable. I'm pretty damn easy to get along with. He also told me that the item would be shipping out that week, he'd be including another small item as an apology for the delay, and I'd be getting a tracking number shortly. OK.

That's the last time I've heard from him since then.

I've never felt compelled to "call out" a member, even after a couple of marathon transactions over the last couple of years. I can deal with excuses as long as I'm being kept informed...especially for smaller amounts of money. But after I sent him a PM on January 20th asking for either proof of shipping or a refund of my $35, I have yet to receive any reply.

As I said, I'm pretty easy to get along with. I understand that bad things can happen to good people. Up until now I had no real concerns abut getting my item, but it's been over 2 months since I sent payment and nearly a month since I requested info/a refund.

Does anyone here know him, and possibly have any info as to where he may be? If it's something serious that's preventing him from completing this transaction, then no problem. If he's just blowing me off....problem.

-Rick

He is slow on shipping things at time. But I have gotten a few things from him each with a small wait time. So private message and email him and be patient.

I've been waiting upon a build up from this person as well. I sent a PM last week, and an email through the RPF system yesterday, but still no reply.

Hoping he's just behind, that I don't mind, but I prefer to be kept in the loop.

We'll see.

Was the item something that just needed to be put in the mail or did it require finish work by Starbuc?

8 weeks to just mail something is certainly more than enough time.

Now it's a paypal refund which takes what? minutes?

Come on Starbuc hook Pilot up. I imagine what slips your mind easily is on Pilot's mind regularily.

Well, he hasn't replied to either my PM nor my email from the beginning of the month. The item I was to get was a built up PPG, which I paid for back on Dec 1st. The last communication was Jan 9th, where he also promised to add a finished Link comm for the delay. I just sent him another email, but I'm rather concerned.

All I need is confirmation that he's still alive and working on it, or if there's reasons for the delay, just an explanation, so I know it's not forgotten.

Just as an update...there's nothing to update. No word from him over this way yet either.

Mine wasn't even a buildup, just a raw kit. Maybe it's coming via directionally-challenged carrier pigeon? :unsure

Has ANYONE received their items yet?

I know Pilot has not.

Why has this guy not been given a warning or have a fire lit under him tp get these people things owed to them?

Last word I heard from him was on March 6th as well:

Hi,
Sorry to have not gotten back to you sooner, I have been away for a while, and have not been to the board. I must apologize as well for not getting your casting to you. I could have sworn I sent one to you, but obviously, I did not.
I will make this right for you. The mold I was making the stunt castings from ripped out on me a while back, and I am going to pour another tomorrow. If you want, I can send you the first one out of the new mold, or I can send you one of my PPG kits, which like the stunt PPG replica is cast off an original screen used hero PPG. The kit is in several separate pieces, like the original and comes with the metal detail screws to complete it. When I sell the kits, I sell them for $65.00, so it would actually be a better deal for you. I have one of those I can send you as soon as I get your answer. If you want the solid stunt, it will be a few more days till I could mail it out, as I will have to wait until the mold is finished and then make the casting.
Let me know what you would like to do. I will send along the casting of the "link" regardless of which PPG replica you want.
Let me know, and again, I am sorry for the long delay getting back to you.

Terry[/b]

At that point, I replied that I just wanted SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

Haven't heard back since.

I did get my stuff back in March, shortly after I posted that he told me it was in the mail. Did very decent work, i got a PPG, built up and he added the Link and some form of credit (like a thick dollar bill)

Sorry to hear you have yet to get anything.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back