Anyone know Bruce Coulombe from deloreantimemachines.com ???

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Sarednab, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Sarednab

Sarednab Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi guys,
    just curious if anyone know this guy, Bruce Coulombe: https://www.facebook.com/bruce.coulombe.10

I find him on: http://www.deloreantimemachines.com/
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delorean-Time-Machines-sales-rental/171121596297656?ref=ts&fref=ts

I sent him on May my Remote Controller FUTABA (green version, more expansive and accurate) cause I seen that him could do a very nice conversion to do it 100% screen accurate.
    He said me that he received it and start immediatly work to ship it at end of June. Ok, I'm happy for this!
    So I wait end June... wait... wait... no notice from him!
    he reply
    I was a bit worried... I paid much $$$ my FUTABA, so start to write him... he reply to me after various email (with no reply) and said me

"You are in my to do schedule. I will make your prop and have it out to you this month. Please check back with me in one week.
    Regards
    Bruce"

I'm back to be happy... I'll have my FUTABA ready in July....
    After one week I'll contact him again... after tons of email with no reply, finally a email from him on 31th JULY (!!!!!!)
    He wrote me this email:

"I knew I should not have taken on your order because we are crazy slammed but......
    I'm not going to give you accuses for my lack in responding to emails. I am responsible for my unprofessional actions no matter how overhelmed we (I) am.
    Rob tells me that your radio is now completed but, I need to personally inspect it when I return to my shop on Monday. If all has been done well, it will be shipped out on Wednesday August 5th.
    I apologize for your frustration for my lack in responding to emails.
    Regards
    Bruce"

Ok... I'm again happy! This time he give me a day of shipping! So I wait until 5th August... write him again....

Now guys I wrote him EVERYDAY, 2/3 emails each day, many message on his facebook profile, wrote a BAD feedback on his group page but now I don't know what I could do more!!!

I don't want to loose my FUTABA, I paid it too much to give it to him like a present...

Anyone could help me? Maybe to write a message, or a phone call to him.........

I need your help guys......

2. Roland

Roland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've never dealt with him, but I never heard any bad things about him. You can contact him here on the RPF, too. His user name is Coulombe.

3. Sarednab

I tried to contact him in every way possible but I nit received a reply from him!

4. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Man, this sucks. Coulombe is a well known name in the BTTF prop world, as far as I know. I once considered buying one of his finished remotes, but it was a red one and very expensive. I than searched for Futaba's myself, but was unable to import them in Belgium from the US, since these are not approved for the European market. Eventually I could import some from the UK. I had two green remotes and one red one. The red one has been sold again, but I do have two green ones still.

I hope you get your futaba back... I won't ship mine to be finished (don't want to take the risk that it gets lost). I really hope the kits that where discussed in a thread here still will be done, and I can convert my remote myself. If in the very worst case, you don't see your remote back, I'm willing to pay my next prop from you with a green Futaba, mate ;-). But as said before, I thought Bruce Coulombe was thrustworthy. Maybe he is on holidays or something...

5. Contec

Contec Master Member

Everyone has internet everywhere now days. Maybe he is going to give the old classical reply " My mother/father/sister/brother's best friends cousin sisters friend pet died"

Wes R, MattgomeryBurns and Sarednab like this.
  6. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Just give him a little more time...

I was in contact with him years ago about about the flux capacitor and some other BTTf props... He's a really nice guy and answered all my questions in detail, but he also said that he's always busy due to his job and other prop related work, so it could take some time...

I'm pretty sure you will get your stuff...

7. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

He hasn't logged on the RPF since September 2014 and his last post on the DMCTalk forum was back in April 2015. But his personal FB account seems active.

I have reached out to him now, hopefully he will respond.

Sean, kalarcana, Sarednab and 2 others like this.
  8. Sarednab

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  9. Vivek

He responded and said he will look into this request and handle it immediately.

So just wait and find out.

Apollo and Sarednab like this.
  10. Sarednab

Many thanks! Strange that he not replied directly to me! I sent him many message.......

Contec likes this.
  11. Contec

Contec Master Member

Sometimes the threat of a banning will draw people out.. Lets hope he just don't give you another date that he will send your stuff, and then stops replying Again.

Wes R and Sarednab like this.
  12. Vivek

Sarednab, Bruce just told me that he was in the middle of replying to your post and it was lengthy, but he lost the draft on his phone when he accidentally clicked something else on the phone. He is currently heading out now for a meeting and said he will respond by later today or latest by tomorrow.

13. Sarednab

Ok...what is strange for me is that...1 month with no message now a reply to you...why?
    I only hope I get it...
    Thanks for your help mate!

Contec likes this.
  14. Contec

Contec Master Member

He could just have simply replied " Going to a meeting right now, will send pm tonight or in the morning, sorry for not contacting you earlier.."

Wes R, Hotsam and Sarednab like this.
  15. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Some times the Ban Hammer works wonders in Motivating people! :lol

brandomack and Contec like this.
  16. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Good luck Serednab. Have you seen any of his remotes? I was under the impression that he didn't use accurate parts on his remotes.

17. Sarednab

Thanks Brad!
    Yes, there was pics on his website but now it seems to be removed. From what I seen it looks really very very accurate but I don't analyze it very close.

18. Jedifyfe

I've seen his remotes and the I don't think he uses the correct Stanley displays. His remotes are close but not accurate.

19. Sarednab

Accurate or not I hope to receive it :D

Apollo and Jedifyfe like this.
  20. Sarednab

Still no reply...

21. Vivek

Yeah like he mentioned if not today then by tomorrow (Aug 22, Saturday).

It's still early morning in US. I don't know if he will reply, but perhaps wait until it's later during the day in US.

22. Sarednab

Ok Vivek...fingers crossed...

23. sleepless

sleepless Well-Known Member

I deal with Bruce a lot and make parts for his Time Machine conversions, he may be slow in answering sometimes and I know he does get very busy, but I have never found him anything but honest to deal with, I am sure you will get your remote.

24. Sarednab

Nothing yet... :(

25. Coulombe

Coulombe New Member

Email sent to you. Your prop was shipped out on August 7, 2015 via US Post Office insured with "COD" payment due on arrival. Give it another week. Shipping to Italy can sometimes be slow because the Italian Customs is known for holding packages from the US.

26. Sarednab

Just received your email. Many thanks.
    I still not understand reason that you use the COD payment... Paypal is so easy...

Wes R likes this.
  27. Grey

Grey Sr Member

I see that the situation seems to have been resolved (i'm glad) but i'm curious about this line in his response. Does Bruce not actually make these himself?

28. Sarednab

Still not change situation.
    Package not arrived. I asked a tracking number almost 1 week ago (with various email) and no reply from him...
    Coulombe could you PLEASE give me a tracking number?!

29. Jintosh

Jintosh Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I send some of my items around the world. Germany once took 4 weeks. It can be delayed in customs because of a high "declared value" of the item.
    I hope this turns out well for you.

30. Roland

If it's even allowed to import. Remember: It's a radio transmitter!

31. Sarednab

I got the readio the first time from a USA guy...

32. Sarednab

IF ONLY Bruce reply to my emails and give me tracking number I could know his status but (as always) nothing reply from him!!!!!

Service with buyer? Mmmmmmmmm.....

33. Roland

Maybe you were just lucky the first time?

Let's hope for the best!

EmmaInCandyland likes this.
  34. TomVDJ

As I said: I never succeeded to import a Futaba from outside Europe: always confiscated by customs since this transmitter is not allowed within the EU...

35. Sarednab

That happned if seller declare it! He declare it for sure cause he put value on it! If him contacted me BEFORE shipping or replied ine of my THOUSAND mail, this not happned!!!!!

If he could reply will be better!!!! Cause I DON'T. WANT TO LOOSE IT!!!
    So Coulombe PLEASE REPLY!

36. Sarednab

BTW I'm tired about this story.
    All people said about positive feedback for Bruce, but positive for what?
    If I'll buy something and I need communication with the seller he MUST reply to buyer request otherwise there will be problem like this!!!!
    When a buyer send me a question about some of my item, my reply arrive to him after a few minutes! This is the way that give to a seller a qualify of GOOD seller.

I don't want to loose my money so I'll ask to this guy 600$ for my Futaba if I'll not receive it back!

Please Vivek , could you contact Bruce again (he will reply to you but NO to me) and ask again to reply to this thread in more expansive way!
    "Item shipped" is not the reply I want!

Many thanks to all!

Contec, Hotsam and EmmaInCandyland like this.
  37. Vivek

I've informed him now.

38. Sarednab

Many thanks mate!

39. KramStaar

KramStaar Sr Member

I find it very strange that he has not responded to you personally Sarednab mate.
    Vivek kudos for taking this up, you're a good man sir.

Regards

Wes R, Jedifyfe, Vivek and 1 other person like this.
  40. BTTFSpencer

BTTFSpencer Sr Member

This is insane. Very unprofessional. I don't know where people get the nerve.

Somebody pays you to do a job, you do it.

Wes R and Sarednab like this.
  41. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Another seller to blacklist

I hope he comes through for you Saradnab

Wes R, Jedifyfe and Sarednab like this.
  42. TomVDJ

If he declared it as "Movie prop replica" you might be safe. If he declared it as "Radio Transmitter", customs will open it for sure. In my case, it was declared as "prop replica", but customs opened the package anyway, saw that it was a radio transmitter not suited for the European market, and confiscated it :-(. So once you have a Futaba within Europe, don't send it out of Europe, because getting it back can be a huge problem!

I really hope you can get your remote back, mate. The green ones are EXTREMELY hard to find. To find one in Europe is almost impossible...

43. Sarednab

If our Coulombe will reply we could know more info about this! But he seems to be disappeared!!!
    I could understand that everyone can be busy but all people can reply a message in 10 days!!!!!!!

44. Jedifyfe

One person's "busy" is another person's "hiding"

45. Sarednab

Still no reply...months gone...

46. TomVDJ

Yeah, I also hate it when people don't respond on e-mails or messages for days and days... I can understand you're on holiday or something, without internet access, but holidays usually don't last for weeks...

47. Sarednab

Not for weeks mate...for months!!!!!

48. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well said, Brad
    Another name to my blacklist.

Wes R and Jedifyfe like this.
  49. Vivek

Sarednab, expect a direct response. He said the package came back marked unclaimed. He is planning to send it again, this time paid up front along with insurance coverage.

Sarednab, my suggestion to you is avoid the international shipping for now if there is the possibility of customs seizing your item. Send it to someone else you trust in US for safe keeping.

Also I told him to respond in the thread, but I don't know if and when he will do that.

50. Coulombe

Coulombe New Member

Some folks here are quick to judge without having all the facts.
    FACTS:
    1- Emails were returned
    2- Item was sent COD, item returned marked"unclaimed". I'm out $72 shipping
    3- I will ship again, but payment in full first.
    4- this is between a seller and buyer . No other parties need be involved. BUT I do apologize that Vevek was put in the middle .
    Best regards to all
    Bruce