Anyone heard of "screencaptured.com"...?

i've only learned / hear about them cause of a link on Ronsmovieprops. other than that, havent a clue about them.

Thats who that was, the guy with the terminator on his avatar. I was hoping he'd post since I felt like I had seen screencaptured on that site, and at the time thought it was strange that I never heard about them before. I just couldn't remember the link.

I had a quick look at three random pages: Raiders, When were were soldiers and Terminator 3 and nothing there blew me away.

The Terminator plaques are unremarkable and very easy to replicate, the Soldiers 'prop' weapons can be acquired all over the net - if you're into WW2 genuine items (as I am) and the P-38 from Raiders looks suspiciously like a Denix model.

It goes without saying that that is not enough to send them to the 'sin-bin' but I would certainly look very closely at their stock and claims before I was comfortable with what they are selling.

Best

MARK

It goes without saying that that is not enough to send them to the 'sin-bin' but I would certainly look very closely at their stock and claims before I was comfortable with what they are selling.

Well since no one else has bothered to com to Eric Anthony's aid Ill simply say that I havent done any business with him but had a 25 minute chat and he runs a great business from what I can see, and works in the industry too.

I have never had any dealings with them, only came across the site randomly and put the link on my site to help others, but also myself. I like to regularly check the different links for new items, and the list makes it so much easier for me to do so. I do like the Wendol cave bear skull helmet from 13th Warrior, however lol.

The RAIDERS P-38 pistol comes with a Studio West COA, which is not a good thing. But, I would not condemn a dealer for one piece, but it does put me on
my guard - as always.

rick

You're implying he is a gun wrangler. If so, then how can he be fooled by the RAIDERS gun?

sw.png

LAPROP.png

That was an eBay purchase.

rick

I had a quick look at three random pages: Raiders, When were were soldiers and Terminator 3 and nothing there blew me away.

The Terminator plaques are unremarkable and very easy to replicate, the Soldiers 'prop' weapons can be acquired all over the net - if you're into WW2 genuine items (as I am) and the P-38 from Raiders looks suspiciously like a Denix model.

Best

MARK

Hello Everyone,

I've been off the forums for a while and working in the film industry. It's kept me from selling, buying and marketing. Even updating my site. The P-38 came from an industry source, originally from the U.K. . The pistol has a working action but just dry fires. I also have an ILM miniature pick axe from Temple of Doom. I wish I had more time to post some of the latest stuff but its been hard to do with the movie business here in Atlanta. Below is a link to an article and TV spot that my local news channel did on me and my other company formally Atlanta Prop House which has changed to Hand Prop House due to a name battle.

Here is the link. Weapons behind film fights made in Atlanta | 11alive.com

Check it out.

Eric

Re: Anyone heard of "screencaptured.com"...?

I had this gun checked out as well as a source at Ellis. It's legit. The legal mess these people got in was a different ball game. I visited there and saw with my own eyes the things that they had. Its the organization of their company that seemed to be the issue. There wasnt a movie prop collector and fan in the administration. Companies that sell need to have someone like that as a curator. Not every place is set up that way unfortunately. Email me if you have any questions eric@screencaptured.com or call me 678 472 9876

- - - Updated - - -

Star Wars items havent crossed my path too many times. I have always been on the lookout for trades and deals.

Just wanted to give an update for those still curious about buying from Eric/Screencaptured. I just bought two pieces for my Myrmidon from Eric; a sword and hero shield. Here was my experience:

Eric is very responsive to email and communicates well.

Was quick to send GOOD photos of the items so I could be sure of what I was getting.

Not a lot of wiggle room on pricing, but the price was good to begin with.

Items were packaged VERY well and Eric was very quick to ship and keep me in the loop with tracking and shipping drop off.

Items came just as described.

Now... the one thing I was not super thrilled with, was that Eric shipped USPS. Shipping was horrendously expensive due to the size of the items (I don't think he was gouging me... USPS it just overpriced on large items) and shipping took forever. I literally had pieces I bought in the UK after the pieces from Eric, that was shipped standard mail, that arrived before Eric's pieces... Also, while the box had tracking, the tracking was horrendous and was never accurate. I actually thought it was lost for a bit. Now, these things aren't exactly Eric's fault, but I don't think I would ever use USPS again and would request FedEx instead. Cheaper, faster, and better tracking.

All in all, outside of me wanting to kill the USPS, this was a great transaction and I would buy from Eric again in a heartbeat.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back