Anyone heard of a Orbit Thermo Vacuum Former?

Corbin_Das

Hi all.
I have a chance to pick up a really old, but functional Orbit Thermo Vacuum Forming machine. It was made in New Mexico in the 1960s I understand. It's something like 400 pounds. I can get it for next to nothing. Are they any good?

Corbin Das

Corbin_Das@Starmail.com

Do you have any Photos??

Many companies have made Vacuum formers over the years, it just depends on what condition it is in and IF it still works.

Hi
It's sitting in an old warehouse in a neighboring State. The guy would probably let me have it for next to nothing ($100 or so) if I just got it out of there. It's made by a company called Orbit out of New Mexico. I'm told it was made in the 1960's. I believe it was used to make plastic cafeteria trays. I understand that it can handle something like 20 by 23 inches.

Here's a picture montage I threw together of it:

Corbin2-vacuform1.jpg

Corbin
corbin1-Vossmile.jpg

Corbin_Das@Starmail.com

It looks a bit rusty but it may still work, Did they tell you if it still works well?

Do you know what kind of Electrical Connection it needs (Plug)?

If I were going to buy this I would go to their location, with some pre-cut sheets of plastic and test it out, if they are not willing to let you to do that then don't bother, something is obviously wrong with it.

As-is condition might mean that it doesn't work at all, and you might have to buy all new parts just to make it work, and all that trouble wouldn't be worth it.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back