Anyone got a copy from "Do Androids dream..." from BEFORE the Blade Runner movie?

MadMike

Hey everybody,
I need some help. I'm currently working on a term paper on the depiction of the city in Ridley Scott's "Blade Runner", with some details taken from the novel it's based upon, "Do Androids dream of electric Sheep?" by Philip K. Dick. The movie takes place in 2019, the book (at least the copy I have) in 2021. I know that the story originally took place in 1992 and that they change that date in later copies of the book so it matches a little better to the film. The problem is, the only source I can find regarding this was Wikipedia (which, at least for my Professor, is not quotable).

So my question would be, is there anyone here who has a copy of the book which still says the story takes place in 1992? If so, please contact me, I just need some bibliographical information.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

The Library of America Edition features the original 1992 setting.

Philip K. Dick
Four Novels of the 1960s
The Man in the High Castle
The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldrich
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
Ubik

Library of America, 2007
ISBN 978-1-59853-009-4.
$35

It's on page. 436. "He sighed, defeated by her threat. 'I'll dial what's on my schedule for today.' Examining the schedule for January 3, 1992, he saw that a businesslike professional attitude was called for."

If you need any more bibliographic info, let me know.

Good luck with your paper.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back