Anyone Every Used This Stuff?

Title says it all. I'm just wondering if anyone has very used this resin. The price seems to good to be true. I'm looking to make very durable props and what not.
Alumilite - Products - Casting Resins - Replicator 532

It's like working with frosting, very thick and needs to be worked into the mold...

You would have to define your needs and uses, "I'm looking to make very durable props and what not" is a pretty broad and generic statement... There is no single resin that fits all needs, this resin is a decent 'brush' grade resin when you need a 'brush' grade resin... If you want a 'pour' grade resin to pour into cavities this isn't your resin...

As for "The price seems to good to be true" it's price right in the ballpark for what it is, hardly anything out of the ordinary for a high filler content resin...

I'm looking to make detail peices for the bottom of hoverboards, maybe a Batman Akrham Asylum grappling gun. Also can you pour resin into a plaster negative where the plaster was reinforced with burlap?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back