Anyone ever worked on a Real Life Mach 5 Car?

Prince NEO

Sr Member
Hey everyone, since I was little I've always wanted one of these:

2009MacysParade2.jpg

Has anyone every tried to/built one and if so, do you have any notes or ideas, this is what I plan on saving up for once I get a job. Yea, I really do. :lol

Re: Anyone Every worked on a Real Life Mach 5 Car?

A friend of mine built the Mach5 for the SpeedRacer movie, he has promised me pictures, will have to remind him about this!

Michael

Thanks, that would be awesome, tell him, as a kid that grew up with Speed Racer and Mega Man only, I don't think that he could have made it any better!!! It's also what made the movie for me. :D

Back in the mid 90's Greg Aronowitz had made a few Speed Racer cars for the proposed version that was to star Johnny Depp. If memory serves there were 5 new Acura NSX's delivered and used as the base for the cars. I believe all were destroyed but he should still have pictures.

How would I get in contact with him?

Ima guess and say he has a username here?

I have some pix of the one from speed racer. It is on display at Warner Bros on the Goldcoast. I took some closeups then other year. I' try and dig them out.

If I am not mistaken, Mark Towle, the batmobile guy, also makes them. He might offer a kit.

Thanks guys, Jedi, that would be awesome, I figured to keep me on track for you goal I should decide which version of the Mach 5 I want to build, then get the shifter knob or the Steering Wheel as a way to keep me motivated, but I can't find a single picture of the inside of the Movie Mach 5 to save my life.

And thanks Clonesix: here is what I found:

http://www.gothamgarage.net/mach5.html

You may have to scroll down to see anything, but on the side it says they don't offer kits yet, but you can buy the whole car. >.< Like I could afford that, maybe I'll be able to ask him some questions though.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back