Anyone either built or seen first hand a good kit of H.M.S. Hood?

CynderBloc

Basically my dad retired a few years ago, so I suggested we undertake a project. He's always been interested in WWI - WWII era Royal Navy vessels, so we decided on the Hood (obviously)

Anyway, because there's two of us doing this, I'm looking for a fairly large model, probably 1/400 scale minimum. I found the Airfix one online, but after reading a review of it, it seems as though it would need heavy modifications to get it anywhere close to correct.

Anyone seen or built the Airfix one? or know of a better kit?

Google large scale model ships, destroyers, frigates etc. There's some large scale kits that are for rc or static. I found a nice kit the other day, fiberglass hull, 42 inches long. I'll try and find it.

The Trumpeter 1/350th HMS Hood IMO would be THE kit of choice. Good size & detail & probably a ton of photo-etch/ resin goodies available to super detail it even further.
Stu

The Trumpeter 1/350th HMS Hood IMO would be THE kit of choice. Good size & detail & probably a ton of photo-etch/ resin goodies available to super detail it even further.
Stu
Cheers, just checked it out. Seems to be not just your opinion, but the opinion of the modelling community as a whole :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back