Anyone done a comic Grendel mask?

Qui-Gonzalez

Master Member
A friend is interested in this and I am curious how to pull it off. I would think like Spidey's mask with the solid jaw type thing underneath, but the eye area would confuse me. Surely someone has done this at one point.

My friend is a HUGE Grendel fan to this day. I believe he has every series they did. I know for a fact that in the late 90's there was a licenced mask that some company did. One sat on the shelf for years of a comic shop we went to every week. You may want to check out ebay and have some patience. I'm sure if it was made, it'll eventually pop up on ebay.

Originally posted by agent5@Jan 15 2006, 04:42 PM
My friend is a HUGE Grendel fan to this day.  I believe he has every series they did.  I know for a fact that in the late 90's there was a licenced mask that some company did.  One sat on the shelf for years of a comic shop we went to every week.  You may want to check out ebay and have some patience.  I'm sure if it was made, it'll eventually pop up on ebay.
[snapback]1159884[/snapback]​
Was it cloth at all? Like I said, I figured something along the lines of Spidey, minus the glass eyes, or whatever they are for Spidey. Grendel does look more like a giant cloth mask tied in place.

nah, i own one.

its a facemask thats plastic, with breathing holes cut out, and a ribbon around the back to tie it to your head.

as far as the mask goes... itd be pretty simple really. make it the same as a spidey mask, but instead of the black overlay for the eyes, just use white material and stitch that to the mask instead. white mesh for the eye holes, and just regular white material or pleather or something for the eye details.

id be interested in seeing how it turns out.
chris

There was indeed a licensed fabric mask available in the early 90s. It was very inexpensive, I think around $10 at the time. They would sit at comic shops for years. I guess not many people were into that kind of stuff then.

I don't recall it being inexpensive at all. For $10 ($15 up here in Canada), I would have totally snapped it up.

Unless they had it on clearance.

David

Saw the one on eBay...$300 is just...wow. I don't know much about sewing/tailoring, but I imagine I could make a whole slew of these for that much. I only wants one and it looks like it is cheaper to try and make it on my own...even if I screw up a few times.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back