Anybody know what happened to the original Marvin the paranoid android costume?

First post please don't be too harsh. I've always loved the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, and I'm planning to make a Marvin costume for a local convention. When searching what happened to the original costume, i can find absolutely nothing of its whereabouts. I'm assuming that after it's brief cameo in the movie, it was put in storage somewhere, but if anybody can say otherwise it wold be greatly appreciated!

Best regards, Galifreyscall

Marvin is (or certainly was....) owned by visual effects artist Mike Tucker and has been known to make appearances at UK Sci-Fi cons like this: Meet Marvin the Paranoid Android at the National Space Centre's "Towel Day" celebrations and Matt Irvine's Smallspace show.

Mike's website here: The Model Unit Award-winning models and miniature effects for television and film

Thanks ever so much! I'll try to shoot him an email and hopefully I can get some measurements for my costume.

Best regards, Galifreyscall

Marvin is still owned by Mike Tucker and lives in Mike's office in Ealing Studios, see attached pic. If you get any luck with measurements please let me know as I'm going to build one too. Cheers!

Attachments

• 20180723_152910.jpg
    20180723_152910.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,686
>>KICKSTARTER LINK - CLICK HERE<<

I'm live on Kickstarter now, from today (March 3rd) for 30 days.
Check out my video!
I'm offering backers a copy of all my reference pics, drawings, measurements, plans, links to suppliers, instructional videos and more.
If yuo can chip in, it would be great - Thank you!
If not, no problem.
Tel

Any news on whether the Cardiff convention is being postponed because of the virus?
I'm down in north Cornwall so would really have liked to have driven over in the summer (now the bridge is free) to see the suit and have a chat with a fellow frood.

Any news on whether the Cardiff convention is being postponed because of the virus?
I'm down in north Cornwall so would really have liked to have driven over in the summer (now the bridge is free) to see the suit and have a chat with a fellow frood.

SO far it hasn't but they have announced that if the Gov't insists on it, they'll move it forward in the year to one of four possible dates:

90602633_1599945930154215_9034771823794847744_o.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back