Any updates on new ANH Han Solo Blaster from MR

Originally posted by Stormy320@Apr 9 2006, 12:32 AM
Oh ??

I thought it was a done deal and I've been looking forward to it.

:(
[snapback]1222830[/snapback]​

Oh, wait. Now that I think about it more, I recall them talking about it. Nothing was official, but I recall them discussing it on rebelscum, I believe.

mrcustomercare (amy and brian) announced it as a sure thing on one of those trivia nights a few weeks back on rebelscum. I am going to that MR council meeting on Tuesday, if they let us release any info about it (if they give us any) I am sure one of us will post about it here.

Originally posted by Jediwannabe@Apr 9 2006, 12:06 AM
Are you talking about a Greedo Killer?  I hadn't heard about this.
[snapback]1222884[/snapback]​

It's going to be an EE, not sure if it will be the greedo killer or not. They talked alot about it in the thread, I will go see if I can find it.

The EE will be of the hero ANH, not the Greedokiller.

It hasn't been officially announced, but it IS in the works and has been mentioned by the MR guys both here and on Rebelscum.

Originally posted by qwa_raig+Apr 9 2006, 12:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qwa_raig @ Apr 9 2006, 12:10 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jediwannabe
@Apr 9 2006, 12:06 AM
Are you talking about a Greedo Killer?  I hadn't heard about this.
[snapback]1222884[/snapback]​

It's going to be an EE, not sure if it will be the greedo killer or not. They talked alot about it in the thread, I will go see if I can find it.
[snapback]1222888[/snapback]​
[/b]

RS announcement of the Han ANH EE

that link should take you to the first page of the thread where mrswbryan made the announcement, but there has been no conclusive release date yet

I just read through the entire rebelscum thread linked above. Along the way I decided to excerpt all of MRSWBryan's comments regarding the new Han blaster and post them here for the reference of my fellow RPFers. :D

Information in parentheses following each excerpt refers to number, date, and time of post.

MRSWBryan's responses to questions regarding the Han Ep. IV Blaster EE, excerpted from the rebelscum thread:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What is the next EE?

A: Ok, we are giving you all the exclusive scoop. The next EE we do will be the Han Solo Ep. IV Blaster.. Woohoooo.. (#1705918 - 02/21/06 08:30 PM)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How will the Han IV EE be different than the LE?

A: As some of you may know, our original LE was made froma Denix, which is a replica of a Mauser. Now, the new EE, based on the new information that we have is based on the Broomhandle Mauser. So, this one is accurate to the actual filming prop. Also, the scope will be 'see through" and the handle will be made from wood instead of plastic.

Also, there has been a lot of discussion of the "Antennae" detail behind the suppressors. After a lot of investigative interviews, we have determined that they were there in pre-production but were no longer there in the actual filming. The Merr Sonn casting was done on the pre-production prop. However, the first time the gun was fired, it most likely fell off from the recoil. That is why it is not seen in the screen grabs that all of you have. This we think that this also explains the infamous "mystery Disk"

Therefore, we will be supplyng this piece with the prop. You have the choice to display it as either the pre-production version or the one seen on screen, with it missing. (Post #1706131 - 02/21/06 09:07 PM)

Q: What is the pricepoint prediction for the Han Solo ANH Blaster EE and will it be able to ship to states like California where there is that no gun through the mail law?

A: As you know, this has been a problem since the beginning. We are still working this out. How we can distribute throught our authorized retailer and yet still have it exclusive to the Collectors Society. (#1706192 - 02/21/06 09:18 PM)

Q: When will it be available to buy?

A: Acualy it was originally scheduled for June, but we decided to revise the design to have a working hammer. So, this has delayed a little. We will let you know when we have a date to release. (#1706210 - 02/21/06 09:21 PM)

Q: Un-freaking-believable. With a Han ANH Elite Blaster....you guys have just about burned the LAST bridge with those that have been around since 2002. ANOTHER RE-ISSUE of a retired Prop?

A: This is not a re-issued prop. With the new information that we have received, we feel that it is important to produce the most accurate prop with the information available. The prop that we made in 2002 was made with the information that was available at the time. But this new EE is so different, we felt the the fans would really like to have this new version. I am sure that you have read all of the new threads about the Han Solo Blaster.

Since this is not a re-issue of the same gun, this will not affect the value of the original LE. (#1706260 - 02/21/06 09:30 PM)

Q: What about those of us that bought into the LIES Master Replicas back in 2002? Once a prop is retired...it's gone.

A: As mentioned before, the one made in 2002 is a retired prop. This is a different version with latest information. I think that both pieces would be great to have in your collection. (#1706396 - 02/21/06 09:52 PM)

Q: Were there more than one version of the Solo blaster? I hear people referring to the Greedo Killer...

A: You are correct, that is a different version of the Han Solo Blaster. (#1706431 - 02/21/06 09:58 PM)

Q: Bryan, you've said how the design of the Han ANH EE will differ from the LE, but will it be weathered? Or pristine/as first built by?

A: It will be weathered. (#1706490 - 02/21/06 10:14 PM)

As far as I can tell, that was everything that MR had to say about the Han Ep.IV Blaster EE on that particular RS thread. :)

Oh, there was also a post in which Bryan said that MR is trying to negotiate an Anthony Daniels SE C-3PO head. :eek

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG I am excited. I've been holding onto my Boba Debt ANH Solo Blaster because I think it's better than the original MR version but this sounds incredible. I think I'm going to have to make room on my shelf for that one.

Oh and thanks for the excerpts.

The EE IS very nice indeed and the optional sight with/without the toggle switches it will hopefully satisfy fans debate as to whether they were/weren't there.

I know some people are up in arms about the apparent re-issue of this prop, however this has different details to the previous LE version and is made with traditional Elite Edition materials.

I'm way stoked about this one myself. I have my Han ANH LE which I have no intention of ever selling because it was one of the first MR releases to sell out, and was limited to 1500 pieces. I believe this means the piece will still be highly sought after by serious collectors for years to come.

The Elite Edition however really delivers on recent new discoveries concerning this iconic prop.

Barry

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back