Any steelbook collectors on here?

I've recently become addicted to Bluray Steelbooks, I find myself wanting to rebuy alot of blurays that have been released in Steelbooks.

Just today I bought the 4 Resident evil movies, and Cowboys & Aliens. All of which I already have on Bluray.. :lol

Next I'm going after the 8 Harry potter steelbooks, they are just badass blurays...

I think I have a problem.. :wacko

I <3 Steelbooks. I've got a lot of them, though not all are BluRay.

I spit on EA's door for making the Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 3 a Steelbook knock off.

I spit on EA for everything not to mention half the places couldn't even get the collector's edition in stock.

I <3 Steelbooks. I've got a lot of them, though not all are BluRay.

I spit on EA's door for making the Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 3 a Steelbook knock off.

Well, I've gotten rid of all my DVDs, so my movie collection is only bluray now. But I have a couple Xbox steelbooks too, got Gears of War 2, and Assassins Creed 3 when I preordered the game. Now that is one badass steelbook!

I think Halo 2 came in a steelbook, it had a metal case anyhow but dented easily .I had a highlander in a steel case and i have Appleseed II in a metal case.

Halo 2 was what they call an Iron Pack. You can tell the difference by the spine on the case, on an Iron pack the spine is shorter than the case when it's opened while a steelbook has the spine the full length of the case..

They are all easily dented unfortunatley, but some of them can be quite rare and valuable. Like the SDCC Sucker Punch steelbook, very limited and goes for well over $100 on ebay most times..

Um, so this would be some kind of metal fancypants packaging, yes? What other than that makes it desirable?

Yeah.. lol that's about it.. Just the fact that most are limited runs, some are very limited. That and the fact that the artwork is usually 100 times cooler than standard bluray cases.

If anyone has the Iron Man steelbook from Futureshop in Canada, they are sitting on a goldmine..

Take Captain America for instance.

Standard release
Captain-America-Blu-Ray__scaled_600.jpg

Steelbook release :love
capsteel.jpg

Last edited:
Nah, I collect movies not packaging. It's all about what shows on my screen. Steelbooks, slipcovers, boxsets, etc. -- don't give a rip. In fact, first thing I do is trash all my slipcovers -- just creates an extra step to get a movie out and put it away. Steelbooks are a bit of a pain in the rear as well as far as getting to the disc. Not a big fan of fancy boxes or digibooks either. Call me practical, I guess.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that is your thing, more power to ya. Different strokes as they say. :thumbsup

Doug

Used to collect them back in the day when I was a limited edition dvd collector but now I go for the simplest edition. I'm now with wannab on this....to me, what is on the screen is the most important thing.

Some of them are really smart though. As mentioned, the above CapAm and Harry Potter steelbooks are really cool.

In fact, first thing I do is trash all my slipcovers -- just creates an extra step to get a movie out and put it away.

Doug

I'm with you on the slipcovers. I hate the damn things. There are huge slipcover collectors out there too though..

That Braveheart one is amazing, I need to get my hands on that one. Not sure if play.com ships to Canada though..

....to me, what is on the screen is the most important thing.

I agree here, I don't collect them just for the sake of having them, I have to enjoy the movie and the quality is always important.

I have a handful of Steelbooks, but I don't usually go out of my way to collect them. Every time I get a new one, I find myself dissapointed with how flimsy they actually are, more so with the Blu-Ray Steelbooks.

I bought both Grindhouse films (Death Proof and Planet Terror) in steelbook and loved them. My prized of my DVD collection

I bought this Akira steecase recently. It is available on Amazon UK for nearly same price as the regular Blu-ray and includes the DVD as well. Also I love the clean cover art.

Akira_Blu_ray.png

Um, so this would be some kind of metal fancypants packaging, yes? What other than that makes it desirable?

So - same question (which I suppose has been answered)...

Are there any additional inserts in the packaging?

Personally, I like the Digibooks (sorry Doug! ;) ). At least with those, you have the additional book.

So - same question (which I suppose has been answered)...

Are there any additional inserts in the packaging?

Personally, I like the Digibooks (sorry Doug! ;) ). At least with those, you have the additional book.

Different strokes buddy. :thumbsup

Careful on those CD binders in warm areas guys. I had some discs that the ink stuck to the plastic and ruined them (digital data is under the ink). Needless to say I stopped using this method. Just a heads up -- keep 'em cool.

Doug

Different strokes buddy. :thumbsup

Careful on those CD binders in warm areas guys. I had some discs that the ink stuck to the plastic and ruined them (digital data is under the ink). Needless to say I stopped using this method. Just a heads up -- keep 'em cool.

Doug

Yeah, any humid area really. I had that happen to me with the cd binder I keep in my car. Luckily I keep all my actual copies at home, and burn copies to carry in my car (started doing that after a break-in), so it wasn't a big deal.

As wannab said just make sure you're keeping those binders in a cool, dry, preferably air-conditioned place.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back