Any Sketchup Pros care to help a newb out?

Daktari

Hey Guys
I made a part via sketchup and had it sent to shapeways... yadda yadda yada... the part came back nice, but I made a newbie mistake and I need to try to fix it.

Basically, I made a 20mm x 10mm rectangle, as part of my object for a 20mmx10mm bit to fit in... and the tolerances are too tight, I need to make the hole a little bigger to fit the part easier.
My problem is, I learned just enough "sketchup" to make the part, and that was 6 months ago.

Trying to "fix" it now is just making it worse....

Uggghhh.......

Any help?

Cheers

Fair enough...
Sketchup.jpg

The rectangular hole needs to be 20.15mm x 10.20mm

otherwise I can draw it up in solidworks for you.

edit:
Oh and I just remembered you can go to autodesk.com and download inventor for free. It's REALLY easy to use, click the rectangle or circle or whatever you want to draw, click and drag a size, go to dimension and give it a size and extrude.

Last edited:
otherwise I can draw it up in solidworks for you.

edit:
Oh and I just remembered you can go to autodesk.com and download inventor for free. It's REALLY easy to use, click the rectangle or circle or whatever you want to draw, click and drag a size, go to dimension and give it a size and extrude.

Yeah, but that's only a 30 day trial, and a thousand dollars to buy :(

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back