Any Sketchup Pros care to help a newb out?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Daktari

Hey Guys
I made a part via sketchup and had it sent to shapeways... yadda yadda yada... the part came back nice, but I made a newbie mistake and I need to try to fix it.

Basically, I made a 20mm x 10mm rectangle, as part of my object for a 20mmx10mm bit to fit in... and the tolerances are too tight, I need to make the hole a little bigger to fit the part easier.
My problem is, I learned just enough "sketchup" to make the part, and that was 6 months ago.

Trying to "fix" it now is just making it worse....

Uggghhh.......

Any help?

Cheers

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

otherwise I can draw it up in solidworks for you.

edit:
Oh and I just remembered you can go to autodesk.com and download inventor for free. It's REALLY easy to use, click the rectangle or circle or whatever you want to draw, click and drag a size, go to dimension and give it a size and extrude.

Last edited:

ZOMBIEREPELLENT

Sr Member
otherwise I can draw it up in solidworks for you.

edit:
Oh and I just remembered you can go to autodesk.com and download inventor for free. It's REALLY easy to use, click the rectangle or circle or whatever you want to draw, click and drag a size, go to dimension and give it a size and extrude.
Yeah, but that's only a 30 day trial, and a thousand dollars to buy :(