Any Serenity Items in the works?

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
Was going to start work on hacking apart my replica Mal pistol from Firefly to make the Serenity version, but figured I'd much rather buy one than try and make my own half hearted attempt at it. Is anyone working on the Serenity version of Mals gun?

Come to think of it, does anyone have any plans to make the little clear thing that contains the message about the truth behind Miranda?

Anything else anyone might have in the works? I've got some cash burning holes in my pockets and I know I'd love to keep some cash aside for some more goodies from Serenity and Firefly if anyone's working on anything.

Done:

malrifle3.jpg

and:

river1.jpg

Gonna be doing Jayne's main rifle (got the MP5) and the alliance rifle (correct paintball gun bought and paid for)

Oh, and the grenade should be fun :)

any chance of dropping Mal's rifle in some resin or hyper firm rubber? I know I still want one...

Dave

Originally posted by Birdie@Jan 9 2006, 02:24 PM
Done:

malrifle3.jpg

and:

river1.jpg

Gonna be doing Jayne's main rifle (got the MP5) and the alliance rifle (correct paintball gun bought and paid for)

Oh, and the grenade should be fun  :)
[snapback]1154578[/snapback]​

Multipart PAL Communicator with optional Rigid or Flexible switch cover.

Should have a test casting by the end of the weekend.

-Gary

Recreating hero grenade from a screen used stunt - pops open and lights up. Back burner for now though. Maybe someone will beat me to it? :)

Originally posted by gw2tulsa@Jan 9 2006, 11:47 AM
Multipart PAL Communicator with optional Rigid or Flexible switch cover.

Should have a test casting by the end of the weekend.

-Gary
[snapback]1154659[/snapback]​

Gary, color me very interested.

Allan

Originally posted by Birdie@Jan 9 2006, 03:32 PM
any chance of dropping Mal's rifle in some resin or hyper firm rubber? I know I still want one...

I would if I could....
[snapback]1154640[/snapback]​

damn, was hoping that wouldn't be the answer... :(

guess the hunt continues for a base rifle...

Dave

I'm also interested in that PAL casting. :)

As is, I'm finally working on gutting my PAL V to make an idealized similar unit.. prolly scrape off all the legalese on the back and replace it with Firefly-esque legalese for a com unit.. and if I can figure it out, replace the guts with a cheap FRS two-way radio. Seems fitting to get a "real" version to put the other radio in the set into. :D

(PS.. once I have that label done, if anyone wants it I'll be happy to pass along the digital file)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back