Any Replica Sword Makers here

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Guys

My Fiancee' is wanting to put together an Angelica Costume from POTC OST.

we pretty much have sourced the costume itself but we are stuggling on the Sword used, i believe it to be the Florentine Rapier.

Now ive searched the UK with no result's, however i have found a replica in the States, getting this into the UK is going to be impossible so im hoping some here may be able to make just the distinctive hilt that i can maybe add a painted wooden blade to.

if anyone can help please contact me

florentine3.jpg

Simon, have you double checked the law ?

I know for 'guns' it's like, ha ha ha, no way Jose etc. (It's the same here, but I can get a 'license' for one).

However, in Malta, I can import knives, swords etc, no problem.

All I have to do is go and 'declare' that I have it to the Police, and this even after I pick it up.

Might be the same in the UK ?

I got my Zorro sword from the US, no worries. And the Gladiator one from the UK, no probs either.

I make prop swords as well. Who is the maker of the one in that pic? If the blade is unsharpen, which is probably is, it can be shipped to the UK as a "prop" and not a sword. This is how I ship blades to the UK, they have be unsharpened props. I could make a guard similar to that, but I'd rather not copy some one else's work. Whoever made that should be able to help you.

Thanks Guys

I know we are not supposed to list ebay auctions however i hope in this instance it's ok

but here is the sword i was interested in

FLORENTINE RAPIER SWORD by WINDLASS STEELCRAFTS® NEW | eBay

who should i contact in advance about this coming into the country should i go ahead with the order.
Im pretty sure the UK really tightened up on Knives and sword imports, i could be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea about the UK Simon, but here (we learnt it all from you colonial conquerors anyway :lol), I just called the police to ask.

You could contact my friend Tony Swatton. His shop is here in California, but he made all of the hero props for the original three POTC films. His shop has literally hundreds of blades and raw cast hilts, pommels, baskets, etc. waiting to be assembled into usable swords. He may have the parts needed, and would probably be happy to assemble the parts for you.

Tell him Olaf sent you.

Sword & Stone - Custom made arms, armour & props for television, film & the serious collector

Yeah, Tony is a great guy.

Again, if you get the one from ebay, just tell the seller to ship it labeled as a "stage prop". Windlass blades are not sharp, so you should have no problem.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back