Any Real World Items That Use a Hengstler?

newbanZo

Like the topic says, I just started research into an E-11 build and I was wondering if anyone has found anything a Hengstler counter was used in to keep an eye out for. I spent a bit of time this weekend looking and the only place I saw counters was in aircraft and automotive dials. There isn't really anything for electronic surplus around me so I doubt I would find one on its own. Unless someone knows what it's for of course haha. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Re: Confirmed Items a Hengstler Was Used In?

I think the cap worn by Rebels on Hoth used it (source):

hothrebelcap.jpg

Re: Confirmed Items a Hengstler Was Used In?

Oh sorry I meant real world items that would have used the Hengstler for its intended purpose. I'll update the title

Industrial manufacturing and processing with a high item output.

One part moves by, one digit goes up. So you know at the end of day how many parts have gone through the station, or per week, or month, or between 2 problems, or when a series of 10000 is done.

I bought a ton of these once from a guy tearing down a nuclear reactor plant, what they used them for, I have no idea, but they made a cool glow at night :lol

I'm not sure what equipment the Hengstler 400 Counter was used on, but since it was surplus in filming ANH before 1977, I'm almost certain that you won't find the equipment in use today or even surplus except on eBay. I know that types of Hengstler counters were used on older wide format printers. Other uses, I would imagine, would be for airports, parking lots, turnstiles, factories, mail sorters or anything that needs to count items and have a manual reset.

TazMan2000

Yeah I knew my dream of finding some junky old thing at the antique store that used a Hengstler was probably a bit of a stretch but figured I'd check and see. Thanks for the help!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back