Any Photo of Original Star Trek Series Weapons Belt?

SirJediKnightTim

I recently purchased a Star Trek original series communicator. Now I'm looking at getting a phaser. Does anybody have a photo of what a belt would look like that they had these on in the original TV series?

You are going to have to be a little more specific.

There were different Belts as well as them getting rid of them pretty much in the 3rd and last season.

Welcome aboard. I will be your screencap provider this evening. Please sit back and enjoy the pictures. :D

Well first you got yer "Cage" harness...

landing_party_harness.jpg

Then you got yer "Where No Man..." belt...

wnm-laserbelt.jpg

...your early First Season "gunslinger" belt...

EW_kirkwrap03.jpg

....yer basic black leather model (worn "over" or "under" the tunic)...

SG-blackphaserbeltovershirt.jpg

SL-spockblackphaserbelt.jpg

... yer late-season "girdle" model...

SB-blackphaserbeltovershirt.jpg

... and eventually they finally realized that ALL those belts looked like crap, and they resorted to sewing big flaps of Velcro directly onto the thigh of the pants leg. :rolleyes

OG-phaserpadonpants.jpg

Enjoy.

- K

They used brown suede belts in the first half of the first season. They were dropped from use not long after the phasers changed from the black and white color to the all gray version.

broken.jpg

hero-belt.jpg

They were replaced with 3" black leather belts for the remainder of the first season.

vac-1.jpg

hero-dummy.jpg

By the second season the main actors simply had velcro patches sewn directly to their pants and the belts rarely saw use after that. One exception to that is a very wide 6" belt that was worn by security officers on top of the tunic. Scotty also wore one in "Spock's Brain."

Kirk-Scott-w-phaser.jpg

The 'Where No Man' belt looks like a grey military web belt - same as the one used in Ghostbusters.

If that's the case, the grey belts are tricky to find now - for GB suits, a lot of people buy white webbing belts and dye them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ob1al @ Apr 21 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]1230329[/snapback]</div>
The 'Where No Man' belt looks like a grey military web belt - same as the one used in Ghostbusters.

If that's the case, the grey belts are tricky to find now - for GB suits, a lot of people buy white webbing belts and dye them.
[/b]

In several of the shots you will see that the belt was actually spray painted silver. So... it could have started out as a white ar more common green belt.

Thanks. In my case I keep a library of all the screencaps I've taken, so I was just able to dip into there and post up what I had on hand. This topic has come up before, believe it or not. :rolleyes

Regarding the early brown belts, it has been said that the original inspiration for Star Trek was the tales of the American West... the show was to be a "Wagon Train to Outer Space". So the white handled phaser was Kirk's "pearl-handled revolver," and the gunbelt recalls those worn by ninteenth-century Earth cowboys.

- k

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frinky @ Apr 21 2006, 09:05 AM) [snapback]1230404[/snapback]</div>
Scottie's "Girdle" belt is possibly the least flattering bit of costuming I've ever seen.
[/b]

I agree.

Most comments about weight gain are aimed at Shatner, who DID put on a few pounds in the middle of the third season, but Scotty sure was a lot heavier at the beginning of the season when that Ep was filmed.

As for the "Where No Man..." belts, I never knew there ever WERE gray military belts. Cool info. :)

I believe the "laser" pistols are being held to the belts with magnets, in "Cage" and WNM.

The Cage Communicator has a big wire loop in back for clipping it to the belt.

- k

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back