any patterns for AN-H-15 flight helmets?

FETTCLONE

Has anyone ever come across a pattern for this helmet, taken one apart, or taken enough pics of one to see the proper stitching and shapes of pieces? I'd like to make one up, but may buy if that doesn't work. It's always more fun to make it yourself though...

I'd appreciate any help you've got on this one. Even materials/ idea of sizes (how large is large, etc.) is beneficial. Thanks in advance. :)

i have an original an-h-15
i was lookin to make a pattern from it
but with this nice pattern i do not have to meke it
thanks

any ideas where to get a acurate donut ring?

Forgot I posted that. :p
This may help as well.
Instructions

I plan to do a complete overhaul on my Commando for next years SDCC and C4.
It is also the main costume project that the So Cal RL (Sunrider base I think) will be doing for those events as well now that their RFT project is out of the way.

As for the "donut", there may be a few out there making them.
From what I understand the RA helmet doesn't go together very well and is made of thin material.
The shape was also off.
I'm not bashing or anything, just passing on what I have been told by someone who has one.

The one I have is from someone in LA but it's near imposible to get one from him most of the time.

There are a few people on the RL that have made them, one posted a do it yourself out of a flower pot tutorial recently.

CommandoCard.jpg

D6

Thanks, man.

I had the link in my bookmarks, I forgot that the actual instructions were on my hard drive. ;)

Thanks for popping in with...the rest of the story.

These are a huge help.

T

Thanks again, guys. I found the instructions floating in cyberspace last night, and now theyll help everyone else, too. I have one question; how do you attach the "donut" to the flight helmet (glued to bill, fabric attachment, etc.)?

Great work on the costume, division 6.

Thanks. :D

The bill is attached to the donut.
Where the donut just sits on the AN'H'15.
The top ribbed piece can be attached to either.
You could attach everything together but you would have to be wearing it to get it to sit right.

I made my bill by tracing out the shape I wanted, cut and sewed the fabric, turned it inside out than cut a piece of card (cereal box) to put inside than sewed the edges.
Than I used double stick tape to put it in place on the bottom edge of the donut.
Goop would make it more permanent.

I tried making mine with the ribbed part on the top as part of the ANH but since it didn't have the shaped seam down the center it doesn't sit right.
Next time I will do it the correct way. :rolleyes

I would suggest taking a look at the scenes where Leia takes off hers and shows Wicket as well as when Luke removes his.

D6

Sorry for bumping an extremely old post, but I just wanna say thanks a lot for the pattern! I wanna make Gaff's Spinner helmet from Blade Runner, which just happens to use the same helmet in ROTJ...lol. Thanks guys!

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/ANH15%20Pattern.jpg

I believe this is a link to a pattern Division 6 put up, and I'm sure he'll chime in.

It's been languishing in my bookmarks until I have time to do some more research on the hard shell for an A-Wing helmet.

Hope it helps, and I hope D6 doesn't mind. ;)

T

Thanks for the pattern. :thumbsup

I was surprised to see original AN-H-15 Flight Helmets selling for over $500, To expensive to take apart for a pattern.

See, Even old threads are useful.

ANH15 Pattern.jpg
This is Division 6's pattern. I hope he doesn't mind. The pattern does not include the leather pieces.

I also have a couple of PDFs that others have made, w/ the leather parts but it does not seem possible to upload PDFs as attachments (any more). PM me your email address if you want them!

Do note that there are a couple of variations of these with different number of snaps, different coloured leather etc.
When making the Star Wars Endor Commando helmets, some details were removed or covered up.

I also have a real helmet. LMK if there is a detail you can't find a picture of when searching on Google.

Last edited:
View attachment 709382
This is Division 6's pattern. I hope he doesn't mind. The pattern does not include the leather pieces.

I also have a couple of PDFs that others have made, w/ the leather parts but it does not seem possible to upload PDFs as attachments (any more). PM me your email address if you want them!

Do note that there are a couple of variations of these with different number of snaps, different coloured leather etc.
When making the Star Wars Endor Commando helmets, some details were removed or covered up.

I also have a real helmet. LMK if there is a detail you can't find a picture of when searching on Google.
I would LOVE a set of PDFs if you still have them, I've been looking for one for 3 days now

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back