Any one living in the Seattle area?

Darth Phaeton

This could be a great oppetunity to get some cool reff. pics of a vader helmet.
Although I don't know wich of the helmets Poul Allen got, it could be worth a visit.

Museum

Dan

Originally posted by Darth Phaeton@Apr 13 2006, 01:11 PM
This could be a great oppetunity to get some cool reff. pics of a vader helmet.
Although I don't know wich of the helmets Poul Allen got, it could be worth a visit.

Museum

Dan
[snapback]1225866[/snapback]​

I've seen his Vader helmet on display at the Sci-Fi museum. It's a stunt with clear cheeks and chin. They get really nasty if they catch you taking pictures.

DarthVaderHelmet.jpg

Originally posted by southcenter@Apr 13 2006, 04:05 PM
The museum itself is definitely worth your time.  I went about a year ago and can't wait to go back.  :)

Patrick
[snapback]1225958[/snapback]​

I live in Seattle, But I haven't been to the museum yet. I should.

The place is great. I have a bunch of stuff on display there.

Might I suggest a Prop Party/get together at the muesum? They give group tours too. They place is not huge but is is crammed full of stuff. They just put on display the original DeathStar. Very cool.

Originally posted by Rocketbobs@Apr 14 2006, 10:21 AM
Might I suggest a Prop Party/get together at the muesum?
[snapback]1226418[/snapback]​

Now that is a great idea RB.

Originally posted by Rocketbobs@Apr 14 2006, 05:21 PM

Might I suggest a Prop Party/get together at the muesum? They give group tours too. They place is not huge but is is crammed full of stuff. They just put on display the original DeathStar. Very cool.

Since you have some stuff on display there, Maybe they will allow you to take some really good pics of the Vader?? It could be worth a shot.

Dan

Originally posted by Rocketbobs@Apr 14 2006, 05:21 PM

Hmmm...is the DeathStar from Gus Lopez' collection?
I need to go and check out that museum..

Originally posted by Rocketbobs@Apr 14 2006, 01:21 PM

Im in for that if it is during the time I will be in the area.

The case that Vader is in is not very easy to photograph. Lots of relections. I have taken pictures in there...mostly of my display. You can snag some shots it you dont use a flash and dont flaunt it. There is no picture taking allowed is the official rule though.

I may be able to get a group of us upstairs to see the Spinner. If we can get a plan together, I will talk with the curator about a "inside tour"

Originally posted by Rocketbobs@Apr 15 2006, 03:50 PM
SFM_Vader.jpg

[snapback]1227038[/snapback]​

I've always been convinced it's real. And I've seen nor heard anything to suggest otherwise...what makes you think it is not real?

Originally posted by SithLord+Apr 15 2006, 01:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SithLord @ Apr 15 2006, 01:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Rocketbobs
@Apr 15 2006, 03:50 PM
SFM_Vader.jpg

[snapback]1227038[/snapback]​

I've always been convinced it's real. And I've seen nor heard anything to suggest otherwise...what makes you think it is not real?
[snapback]1227063[/snapback]​
[/b]
I live in Seattle. I've been there. It's totally cool. Interactive dsiplay screens, props, etc. Lots to see in a modest space, and it's housed in the same bldg. that has the Music Experience Project.

Originally posted by Rebel Hunter@Apr 14 2006, 10:26 PM
Hmmm...is the DeathStar from Gus Lopez' collection?
I need to go and check out that museum..
[snapback]1226627[/snapback]​

Yes. I have it on loan to them through October (and possibly longer). I was in the museum a week ago and impressed that they continue to add major pieces. If you live in the Seattle area, it's well worth the visit.

--Gus

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back